Bluetooth??

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Bluetooth??
« on: 15 Feb 2014, 08:19 pm »
Are any of you guys using bluetooth for headphones, IEM's etc.

eclein

• Volunteer
Re: Bluetooth??
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2014, 02:59 am »
Ok...well I'll check at a later date and see if anyone uses it yet....I'm talking with portable players, tablets, phones, those type DAPs.

Rocket

« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2014, 11:42 am »
Hi,

Funny you should mention bluetooth earphones because I just bought a pair of Jabra tabs and previously I've used Jabra Halos.  Both products are petty good.  The Jabra tabs lack a bit of bass but my office is not radio friendly and I now have to use earphones to keep me sane.  I'm sure there are lots of other products to consider as well.

Cheers Rod

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2014, 02:45 pm »
I bought a Sony SBH20 receiver which comes with earphones but they can be unplugged so any iem or bud you have will work. I was using it with my DT1350's and they sounded good. Its a rechargeable clip on thing in a bunch of colors...I got Orange as it was like $28.00 that day for some reason. Here is a link if anyone wants to give it a try. Its fun to walk away and grab a snack or whatever while your music chugs away from the tablet I left behind.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BWSXYS4/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyway its an option, it sounds fine and its relatively cheap.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #4 on: 2 Mar 2014, 04:56 pm »
A few months ago, i remember trying the Philips SHB9100 but the sound was not up to my expectations. I had to make several EQ adjustments to make it sound better.  :(

Scott F.

« Reply #5 on: 2 Mar 2014, 05:37 pm »
About a year ago I picked up a pair of Phiaton BT headphones off Amazon for about $130

http://www.amazon.com/Phiaton-PS-210-BTNC-Cancelling/dp/B0089V4ZGM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393781134&sr=8-1&keywords=phiaton

They have noise cancelling which does a decent job and they also allow you to make and receive phone calls assuming you are using your phone as your portable device.

They sound much better than I expected. Since they are in ear monitors, they give good isolation.

Though a little on the pricey side, I'm really happy with them. They have replaced a similarly priced set of Shure IEMs which (BTW) don't sound near as good.

Rocket

« Reply #6 on: 3 Mar 2014, 02:55 am »
Hi,

I also just bought a pair of Aftershokz Bluez bone conduction technology earphones to use whilst going to the gym and office use.  They don't sound quite as good as normal earphones but I can hear what is going on around me as well.

Regards Rod