T50P from Beyer dynamic, anybody heard them or have them?

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Hey guys I'm back from my sojourn and reinterested in the hobby again in fact I ordered a pair of the T50's today out of curiosity and I'm already counting the days until they sled or tobagon in here next week hopefully.
 Have any of you guys heard them???
Ed :drums:

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com

Hi Ed.

Great to hear of your purchase. Its interesting how they name their phones. You have the T50P and I am listening to a pair of Beyerdynamic T5Ps.

I did not like them at first but am really enjoying them now. Just like anything, one has to get used to a new presentation. These are unforgiving of poor playback, bass would be light for some, and can be a bit strident on some material.

I did buy a JDS labs CD5 portable headphone dac / amp and is a small step up over the iphone dac, offers a 3 and 6 db bass boost gain of which I use the 3 db on the T5Ps, and has quite a bit more volume than the iphone. Glad i got it. Having said that I am listening straight out of my iphone, having great fun and a smile on my face.

What i am hearing in general would take thousands of dollars of home audio gear to match. They are still headphones so they cant do what a home system can. But the clarity and overall sonics are great.
Oh WOW, this song is killer. Love it.

I am sure you will have as much fun as me.

Rocket_Trippen_Ronny

eclein

• Volunteer
My new pups are scheduled to arrive on Friday........ Yeah!!!!!  :thankyou:

eclein

• Volunteer
Dale how long should I consider running them in before critically listening starts??

Should I start tracking down pad replacements immediately or wait,  is it a major or minor thing?

eclein

• Volunteer
The place screwed up my order so I have to buy something else or find similar pricing, my max
budget Is like $200 so I'm open for suggestions. Are the new DT1350-80 any good or maybe I just
get Senn Momentum on ears, I dig the ivory ones. Thoughts, suggestions anyone??

dBel84

Re: T50P from Beyer dynamic, anybody heard them or have them?
« Reply #5 on: 11 Feb 2014, 12:35 am »
for anyone who does actually own these, stock they have a real interesting FR , i opened the pair I had up to find a gaping space without any form of acoustic damping. simple damping will have these knocking the DT1350 off its perch. well worth exploring if you own a pair..dB

found the pic of the baffle open

« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2014, 02:14 am by dBel84 »