FS: A/V-1's and A/V-3's.

Brian Bunge

« on: 3 Jan 2004, 03:29 am »
I have a pair of A/V-1's and a pair of A/V-3's that I'd like to sell.  The A/V-1's are in maple veneer.  These were the first pair of GR cabinets I built and were my own personal speakers before I moved them to demo duty in the shop.  They have the older 130 woofers and T-1 tweeters and there's a small gap in the veneer between the back and top.  I wrapped the veneer incorrectly, leaving a gap that's between 1/16"-1/8" wide.  Also, these cabinets do not have grills.  They have standard crossovers with only polyfill stuffing.  The crossover boards are actually held in place with industrial strength velcro so replacing the crossovers would be quite easy.

Here's a picture of the speakers.  If anyone wants to see the gap in the back I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and post it as well.  

I'm asking $300 for the pair plus shipping.

http://www.rutledgeaudiodesign.com/images/maple_av12.jpg

The A/V-3's are the older ones with the 6.5" woofers.  They are finished in oak veneer, which appears to be quarter sawn due to the straight grain pattern.  They have the PE knock off BH5 material that they were clearing out a year or so ago and also have the Sonicaps upgrade.  These speakers have only ever been used as demos in the shop and probably have less than 100 hrs. total playing time on them.  These also do not have grills.

I'm asking $800 for the pair plus shipping.

http://www.rutledgeaudiodesign.com/images/av3_4.jpg

I'd prefer Paypal or cashier's check but will even credit cards if necessary.

TowJumper

« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2004, 07:43 pm »
Brian:

If you still have these next week I may take a pair off your hands when we visit if you still have them.

Miguel

Brian Bunge

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jan 2004, 07:57 pm »
Miguel,

I sure do!  For you I might even make a special deal since I won't have to worry about boxing up and shipping them.  The A/V-3's are some of the nicest oak cabinets we've ever done.  We always end up with a slight seam in the back that is somewhat noticeable, but on this pair, they're virtually seamless.  I think for the $800 we're asking they're an absolute steal.

The A/V-1's aren't bad either if you can get past my minor mistake on the back.