New Dodd Audio 50 watt tube amp pic

Danny Richie

« on: 30 May 2003, 04:00 pm »
I can't wait to go hear this new one.

Using the same front end stage as his killer 8 watt amp that has been literally out performing everything, I have been told that it sounds just as good as the 8 watt amp, but with a lot more power, more headroom, and more drive.

Pictured is the integrated version.

With the built in gain (or volume) controller and additional gain of one added tube you can easily drive the amp to full power with an average CD player plugged straight into with no need for an additional pre-amp.

And it is only $1,600.

You can also get the non-integrated version that is minus one driver tube (the added gain stage) and the volume control for only $1,300.

If this thing sounds as good as I have been told, and I have every reason to believe it does then its performance far exceeds its price.

Don't overlook this one if you are shopping for a new amp.

Dodd Audio
gldodd@attbi.com
972-276-6865

Ken D

« Reply #1 on: 1 Mar 2004, 10:15 am »
I was the lucky member who snagged the Dodd 50 watt integrated that MCA had posted in the Trading Post area.

The amp has a very solid feel to it.  Uses 3 5687 tubes for gain and 4 EL34 tubes for output. I contacted Gary about value of upgrading any of the tubes. Based on his recommendation I spent $40 for 4 NOS TungSol 5687 black plates.  Putting in the TungSol tubes made an immediate and significant improvement.  Enabled the amp to reach its potential. It is a real overachiever.

Male and female jazz singers sound very good. drum kits and cymbals are great. Trumpets have "bite". This is an amp to be happy with for a long time.  I have 88 db speakers and this amp drives them just fine.  Want to thank Danny for promoting people to try the Dodd tube equipment and Gary for building a very good amp.

pjchappy

« Reply #2 on: 3 Mar 2004, 01:18 am »
Wow. . .I got a thingy from Marlboro where I get to go on a trip and get $1300 in cash.  And I need a new amp. . . .hmmmmmmmmmmm.

p

JoshK

« Reply #3 on: 3 Mar 2004, 01:20 am »
Going to Texas?