exaSound

joerest

Re: exaSound
« Reply #20 on: 16 Apr 2017, 01:07 am »
Dear Mike in NC: Your certainly welcome. Nothing here to prove. I feel we are here to be true to our hobby. I admit to making many audio "mistakes" throughout the years. After all does it not help us to be more credible when we do have a "voila" moment.  Off soapbox.
Joerest

MarkR7

« Reply #21 on: 16 Apr 2017, 03:04 am »
As an ExaSound E32 owner myself (and coming from the E12), I've had a lot of success running the DACs from a 12v SLA battery, with an iFi DC iPurifier in line before the E32.

Curious as to what USB cable (if that's the input you're using) is working best for you. I am enjoying the Verastarr Nemesis USB cable the best so far, as it really shines with its natural and organic qualities and big soundstage, while still providing all the detail I need.

joerest

« Reply #22 on: 24 Apr 2017, 01:55 am »
Well guess what ? At Axpona this weekend, I stopped by the exasound room only to find George Klissarov(owner) demo'ing the e32 with an outboard linear power supply. He was using the Plex PSU, even though he recommended the Teddy Pardo. He said he was using the second best power supply. For a guy who felt a linear power supply offered no benefits, it shows inconsistancy on his part. He was also selling the DAC for less money than I paid for it in December 2016. The price I paid was suppose to be the introductory
price. So much for bargains. When I mentioned how little the Teddy Pardo PSU improved the e32, he again said how psychological audio perception is. How nice to insult your customers.

joerest

« Reply #23 on: 23 Jun 2017, 02:25 am »
Dear MardR7: Using the Wireworld Silver Starlight 7. About $300 for a metre.

Joe