The best bass in the world just got even better

Joemamma

The best bass in the world just got even better
« on: 30 Jul 2016, 07:51 pm »
I just got my amps back from Brian (HX 300's).  Evidently they were configured for Open baffle 12's and not the 8's.  I got to listen to them for a while and the bass was absolutely amazing and I did not get them to clip.  I was listening to them pretty loud as well.  Now I need to make a decision.  I know it ultimately comes down to me but I need to unload something.  I now have 3 options for my wedgies.  I don't think I could ever part with them (the top part that is).  I have H-Frames, bass cabinet with 12's, and the cabinet that holds the 3 8's.  I have already tried selling the 8's.  If somebody would reach out to Mike Lundy and have him build the top part of the wedgies, they could have a full range speaker that blows any box speaker away.  Or do I keep the 8's and sell the H-Frames complete.  Don't know yet.  Here are pics of what I have.  The 12's do dig deeper but to my ears the 8's are cleaner.  Trade offs on everything.

jparkhur

Re: The best bass in the world just got even better
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2016, 09:32 pm »
From my very own view point and having them both at one time keep the 12s and sell the 8 s.  No brainer. 

Jp

jparkhur

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2016, 09:33 pm »
Z

Joemamma

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2016, 09:50 pm »
It does sound like a no brainier, but selling the lower part is not easy.  I just bumped it with a $300 price drop.  Somebody needs to jump on this and get a pair of these wedgies.  I would take these any day over any salks, kef, etc....they are in a whole other league. 

Early B.

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2016, 12:12 am »
You may have to paint them black to sell them. 

jseipp

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jul 2016, 03:02 am »
Trying to PM you back, but it looks like your message box is full....

Joemamma

« Reply #6 on: 31 Jul 2016, 03:27 am »
Just cleared out my box.  Sorry about that