C&C rca cables

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
Re: C&C rca cables
« Reply #20 on: 18 Aug 2015, 10:02 pm »
These are the cables I buy from Markertek, they are very reasonable and the rca's are very snug on all my gear. I couldn't happier with them. I use different colors for input and output cables so they are easier to manage. YMMV.

World's Finest Mogami 2534 RCA Male to RCA Male Neglex Quad Audio Cables. Cables are built by Sescom with the highest quality connectors from Neutrik, Connectronics & Switchcraft.

bacobits1

« Reply #21 on: 19 Aug 2015, 02:51 am »
2549 Mogami's is pretty nice Cable.
Belden 8402 is better Switchcraft RCA's are more than fine.

http://jeffsplace.me/wordpress/?p=7325
These wires will surprise you!!
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2015, 09:42 pm by bacobits1 »

t-head

• 'I am sure that I am sure of nothing'
« Reply #22 on: 19 Aug 2015, 04:16 pm »
http://btpa.com/CA-0582.html link to Belden 8402...10ft minimum...$3.25/ft

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #23 on: 19 Aug 2015, 04:53 pm »
I have bought some cables from Ram Electronics.  Very similar to BJC's but priced better at longer lengths.  They use Belden and Mogami wire in many of their products.

http://www.ramelectronics.net/Cables.aspx

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #24 on: 29 Mar 2017, 06:10 am »
I own KabelDirekt cables and adorn them.  A great German product.

These cables where a Huge Frigging Surprise, I wanted a different sound from my rotel 1072 for a while and pulled out my marantz 5005, then was on my back installing, reaching blind in a big box of RCA's next to me for any thing paired together and pull their ha ha( Sorry) "Pro Series 3 footers", maybe a year old from a tiny dvd player install on a portable TV top for the girlfriend.  mean while something sticking in my back  and I say heck i wanna get up, and , I pulled them apart and stick them in the ha ha " tuner IN" on pre amp.
find i was laying on a hex head screw :oops:, pop in Bruce cockburns "Dancing", it was really nice like right off, the new wire has never played I think, but still nice in a cold mary 5005, which is a unit that likes to heat up.

Sometimes in the first minutes of a new wire burn in, i have noted it sounds "sorta" OK for a short time,
then go's to crunchy, complaining about being invaded by electrons for the next week. it fights back for a while :guns: cause i play hi freq. supertramp breakfast in america

That was 15 hours ago, now these "RCA'S sound even better, very smooth across all octave's for ten bucks:thumb:

I looked them up, they have mostly a German language site, KableDireckt says they have a tube like sound on amazon, where they sell from, which is way smart, lots of almost free advertising,,,, they remind of some "straight wire" RCA s i heard many years ago that i was told had a "weave conductor" (?) and they sort of do have tube sound, they don't sizzle a lot, but they don't repress at all,
I would recommend them to anyone, waiting to up grade, very very odd, 10 bucks  :dunno:

RUBY

PS I gotta wonder if their breaking in whole rolls of this at a time before sending it out for termination, cause at 15 hours now,,,,most stuff i break in gets very dam cranky, almost miserable, especially speaker wire  :icon_twisted:, now they sound a little smoother, :scratch:
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2017, 09:36 am by GRACE RUBY »

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #25 on: 30 Mar 2017, 05:50 am »
THE BIG UP DATE

as above noted, the  Kabeldirekt, 3 ft RCA's for ten bucks sounded sort of amazing at first plug in, for just ten bucks.

Then they started to complain rather quickly, or burn in, as I write this, the marantz 505 has been playing a Super Tramp breakfast in America CD for just over 24 hours thru the wire

How does the wire sound,   :scratch: 

pretty much like a wild prehistoric saber tooth barking aardvark fighting to get out of a barrel, as some one hits the side with a baseball bat and calls its mother names.

Really abysmal,

but some of the best wire i have used went through a real period of raising h3ll with my system before showing it self to be wonderful.

If that same science applies to this wire, Cardas is out of business, cause this stuff is moaning :banghead:

I am hopeful though, I once had a DJ friend who took a job at a country music station and used to find the longest country song to play he could , so he could dash down stairs in the middle of the night to the mens room and get back again before the song was over, they had put a speaker in the mens room so you could hear the station live on air, one time arriving to the bath room, he could hear the record was skipping, he got the job cause some guy fell asleep with the record over spinning in the last groove, about 4 am.
it was a stressful job.

So he calls me one day and says he wants to come by and listen to music, , I say no can do, cause i just spent a weeks pay on some Audio Journey wire and it is breaking in and sounds like h3ll, but i have vodka and coffee liquor, who cares about wire in autumn when there's other things to do. 

later he is on my sofa with my girlfriend feeding him and drinking the first of many white Russians, and we are listening to something slow, and this magic point came in breaking in the wire, it got so bad it was nuts, DJ said "that is really weird", then it just went really strange for about 4 mins, and then started to get just a little better, this took twenty mins, we actually were siting there as this wire got over its break in hump,  :peek:

will report back on this whole urgent situation soon, it would be a very sweet thing to find a every mans wire for only ten bucks :thumb:

RUBY

charmerci

« Reply #26 on: 30 Mar 2017, 04:01 pm »

Grace Ruby,

These are a little bit more but they're good.

http://schiit.com/products/pyst-cables

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #27 on: 30 Mar 2017, 05:58 pm »
Grace Ruby,

These are a little bit more but they're good.

http://schiit.com/products/pyst-cables

But the RCA's are only 6 inches long and the XLR's are only 9 inches long.

lacro

« Reply #28 on: 30 Mar 2017, 10:20 pm »
The Schiit SuperUltraHyperTechnologycables have pretty impressive specs, it's worth moving your gear closer together so you can use those 6" cables   :lol:

Beyond Just Technology: SuperUltraHyperTechnology
PYST cables are made from only the finest 6-nines Unobtanium™ alloy, molecularly assembled in our Alternate Universe™ reality-distortion tesseract field , using a secret geometry reverse-engineered from crashed UFOs, painstakingly smuggled out of Area 51 by deep-cover operatives. Performance is further enhanced by the use of a QuantConnect™ quantum-entangled pair of transmission interfaces, held at absolute zero by our exclusive Stasis Field™ technology. The cables are then wrapped in NanoAeroCap™, a nanotechnology-enabled aerogel anti-capacitance insulation system, featuring Fractal Interleaved Geometry™ to create negative inductance for maximum audio transmission quality.

charmerci

« Reply #29 on: 30 Mar 2017, 11:52 pm »
Well, I have a pair and they've usurped the place of one $100 set of cables and a $150 pair.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #30 on: 31 Mar 2017, 06:30 am »
I have bought some cables from Ram Electronics.  Very similar to BJC's but priced better at longer lengths.  They use Belden and Mogami wire in many of their products.

http://www.ramelectronics.net/Cables.aspx

My speaker cables are from Ram using Mogami wire, very nice product at a very nice price. Honestly I can here differences in all of the gear I insert into my system but have yet to here any significant difference from cable. Just my experience and of course everyone has there own.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #31 on: 31 Mar 2017, 10:32 am »
My speaker cables are from Ram using Mogami wire, very nice product at a very nice price. Honestly I can here differences in all of the gear I insert into my system but have yet to here any significant difference from cable. Just my experience and of course everyone has there own.

+1

That's my findings from "reasonably" priced USB cable and less expensive interconnects.

Did compare two vastly different in design $1,000/pair speaker cables years ago and the difference was obvious.  But which was "better"?

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #32 on: 31 Mar 2017, 12:22 pm »
Some great finds here, I may try them out.  I'm sure Grace Ruby will keep us updated about the break in results.

Upon occasion I hear profound differences in cables where it's quite easy to tell which is better.  In other comparisons it's more of a struggle, e.g. one is smoother, one is more detailed, which is better? 

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #33 on: 2 Apr 2017, 08:30 am »
  hi
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2019, 08:29 am by GRACE RUBY »

GRACE RUBY

« Last Edit: 2 Apr 2017, 10:29 am by GRACE RUBY »

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #35 on: 2 Apr 2017, 08:58 am »
Some great finds here, I may try them out.  I'm sure Grace Ruby will keep us updated about the break in results.

Upon occasion I hear profound differences in cables where it's quite easy to tell which is better.  In other comparisons it's more of a struggle, e.g. one is smoother, one is more detailed, which is better?

Hi Let It Roll
Is that Handle from the ballad of Frankie Crisp, that gorgeous song  from
 George Harrison

Let it roll across the floor
Through the hall and out the door
To the fountain of perpetual mirth
Let it roll for all it's worth ...

as to your post i often have the same issue with people, especially women.

but i have gotten better, with at least the wire I mean.   :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ncxyOBsK6Y

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #36 on: 2 Apr 2017, 10:20 am »
And Now.................................The Big Up update and conclusion to

Kabeldirekt, 3 ft RCA's for ten bucks

So after about 78 hours of continuous playing these RCA's they never sounded again like those first few moments of warm bliss that trumpeted thru my listening room, the kitchen, when first installed.

Its a big kitchen.

For reference, I will not use music from the Andes local folk groups and such, that is not fair to folks
who do not dine their often.

Listening to "Hey Joe" by jimi hendrix (not the you tube film version where he plays with his tongue,) 

But a remastered cd version from the album he wore a vest with the big eye on each flap and his drummer looks like bob Dylan, I can not remember what the third guy looked like cause that was the sixty's and I was continually walking in the kitchen and for getting why I went there, at which point my girlfriend would come in and say "what'cha you doing" and i would say- "I don't know"

Near the beginning of the song hey Joe, the drummer (Mitch somebody) would do a roll and while speed drumming whack his sticks together then resume speed drumming more.

these sticks hitting together sort of gets edited out with these RCA's. these RCA's's have a very good place in the world after break in, but not in my system, I think if you have a very bombastic scratchy or way overly brite rig, or listen to a lot of metal you may truly enjoy them, as they do have a effect of smoothing things a large, no huge bit.

I can recommend another inexpensive RCA, and tell you, they do break in and have for 10 bucks the opposite effect, all though they don't help anything, they don't screw it up much either,  there called velocity
RCA'S  they are not fast or slow and do have some VERY GOOD MID RANGE DETAIL, , bass seems to survive the trip very well, they are thin, but have double shielding, foil wrap and braid  so I presume the dielectric is not storing a huge charge and discharging again.

You find them here--
, http://www.cablestogo.com/product/40005/1.5ft-velocity-rca-stereo-audio-cable

I find I prefer double shielded RCA's, hope that helps you in your quest for a good $10 cable

I do want to say, I did this review because i found a dirt cheap set of RCA's in the dirt where we put out trash on Fridays, for jolleys I wiped them down, with a meter checked the rcas for line leaks , shorts and put them on my rig, they sounded wonderfully soft, but tight bass, great mid's and treble that has a very nice elongated decay, tho a almost un hear able glare across the whole spectrum, mostly on cd's that have a almost un hear able glare across the whole spectrum (mostly only during the day Time)

But no wire or anything is perfect, and these have zero listening fatigue, they will ,,,( who ever made them) stay a while.

please enjoy this very wonderful artical I found and attached here on wire written for normal folks and with a great sense of humor, this fella has a lot of heart, truly nice writing style. 

http://www.recordingmag.com/resources/resourceDetail/223.html

this will be my last (was first too) cable review. thank you to those who helped, so many i can't name.

it would be illegal also to expose there true identities  too. 

RUBY

« Last Edit: 8 Apr 2017, 04:48 am by GRACE RUBY »

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #37 on: 2 Apr 2017, 10:27 am »
OK folks, April Fools Day is over, lets pick up all the cans and butts and dust off and go home.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #38 on: 2 Apr 2017, 11:47 am »
Hi Let It Roll
Is that Handle from the ballad of Frankie Crisp, that gorgeous song  from
 George Harrison

Let it roll across the floor
Through the hall and out the door
To the fountain of perpetual mirth
Let it roll for all it's worth ...

as to your post i often have the same issue with people, especially women.

but i have gotten better, with at least the wire I mean.   :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ncxyOBsK6Y

E

Nope, "Let it Roll" from Little Feat.  (Ladies and gentlemen, Atlanta's finest...Little Feat!) 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9IyRNKleyyg
One of the greatest rock and roll songs and an visceral video to boot.

Back in the day I had a tricked out '98 Olds Aurora that won third place in class at GM Nationals and I was on an Aurora club forum, the handle seemed to fit (rollin' down highway 95, cruzin' through my hometown countryside...).  Then when I migrated to the golf forums it still fit, and then it still worked on the audio forums, despite the Olds being long gone. 

Your findings with your C&C cable are consistent with my findings with all of these type of cables all the way up through the Monster Cable brands.  Veiled across the board and muted at the frequency extremes.  Makes for a pleasant if uninvolved experience.  Thanks for the insight.

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #39 on: 8 Apr 2017, 06:13 am »
Mogami 49's VS kableDirectk VS Velocity RCA'S

I wanted more closure on this thread because I know so many folks are really looking for a deal from the get go in a world full of junk RCA's that ends up in the closet.

And I have to give great thanks to a member here who took a old dog me, and showed him a whole new world of tricks to judge music reproduction, and that is the good
Mr. Dawkins
, who taught me words like "Eloquence" and " With Out Strain"  and also had the guts to keep me company right after my home invasion almost a year ago that left me a total mess.

Somebody here needs to interview this man deep long and with color, cause for the very reason he is such a wonder at music consideration, he is also rather humble in his posts, Thank You Mr. Dawkins  :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Knee Jerk education blindness trigger warning, Although everything else is modded or ripped out, I have bass and treble tone controls, would not be caught with out them, who wants to chase the perfect wire for ever and the 14 CD's it onlys sound tonally perfect with.   :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

It is a world of tears for me that digital is such a fussy bitch and cash eating shark to get right, healing and with zero listeners fatigue.

Plus We are h3ll bent for a fools errand to find a real low cost wire review we can depend on cause so many irrelevant ADD's chime in on what they have connected their ""furniture "" together with,,,,,, just to see their stuff in print.

And it is truly a heart break to me to see folks suffer so much experimentation to get what any sansui amp and a turn table would give you for way less dollars 30 years ago, --bliss.

perfect detail be damned, they don't call it cheap and cheerful for nothing.

So we never get to "'''What did it sound like"""""  :wtf: in a review for the least costly stuff that might be worth our time..

Now this thread started as a joke sort of, but i came across a sort of small treasure in the process.

My wire collection includes -Cardas, Vampire (Sic), cord, wireworld, weaves, and others Etc.

To the pith of it, after all this experimentation, I found a wire for my Rotel 1072 (1092?)and Marantz cd player that is not gonna move soon-

For more then only 20 bucks  :cyclops:

I had this "Velocity pair of RCA's" that got put on the marantz 5005, a glorious machine for 400.00 bucks.

Simply put I have nothing to out do them in replacement, for less then maybe 150 bucks.

The ease with which they detail lower mid range is a holy event for only 20.00 bucks, I have a amp stereophile said had some of the tightest bass in the world, AND this is bass with tone, color and texture, and for 20 bucks it is a miracle what these Velocity RCA's do with it,,,,,,, so dam effortlessly it is hypnotic.

But again i am not stranded with out tone controls.

The mid mid's have a great detail and bloom into the room, with GREAT COLOR but is a soft water like pluck of your ear, not harsh or fatiguing.

The high range roll off is completely tight and with out edit, and then a invisible background.

For a wire thats only 20 bucks.

All the ads for this stuff say the same thing over and over from site to web site, "Great Sound , Period".

I will include a picture here,,,,,,,,, as who knows when this stuff will disappear and reappear as something else.

I took the mogami 2549 and cut the termination ends off and saved , cause they where very good ends, the newer mogami ( I am told is much better, way better) may be much better, do try it, but i threw this wire in the trash.

As I did as well with the Kable Direck.

I could have sold it, but i believe in the most self correcting social system in the world -karma

I do not work for these folks and I have no idea where it comes from, but for twenty bucks do try it, not cause it out shines the new wire world stuff, cause it does not, but it does sing so generously, effortlessly,
Eloquently,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you can go to sleep now, this is a small grace, a better wire can wait.

Thank you Mr. Dawkins, I am feeling much safer, better   :wine:

« Last Edit: 8 Apr 2017, 08:14 am by GRACE RUBY »