Gallo

harley52

Gallo
« on: 31 Jan 2015, 09:27 pm »
 I post this in this circle because I get honest answer's here.
I noticed that Gallo CL 3 & 4 speaker's have been removed from their web site and the guy Underwoodwally Has put up ad's that say he has purchased the last of the CL 3 & 4's. Anyone know what is going on at Gallo? Could it be that Gallo is going to continue business as a seller of home  theater. Gallo still offer's the Strada 2 speaker's though.
Thanks

OzarkTom

Re: Gallo
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2015, 09:53 pm »
Anthony Gallo is still working on the replacement for the Reference 3.1. Watch for a spring-summer announcement.

usp1

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2015, 10:05 pm »
Anthony Gallo is still working on the replacement for the Reference 3.1. Watch for a spring-summer announcement.
I presume you mean replacements for the 3.5. Incidentally, he has an ad for a line source version of the 3.5 which looks quite interesting but a little pricey.

I think the Classico was an experiment that did not go well for Gallo. The field is too crowded for box speakers.

Love my Gallo 3.1s!

harley52

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2015, 11:49 pm »
I was referring to the CL3&4. Box speaker's.  Gallo's web site hasn't had the 3.1-3.5's for at least 1 year or two. The idea with the box speaker's was brought on by dealer's, when they sold thru dealer's, asking for a box speaker because the 3.1-3.5 were too weird looking for a lot of people. Personally, I found the 3.1-3.5 as looking good. As in something besides a box. The line source speaker is beautiful. But, at $20k it's a little out of my range. Well not a little but A LOT out of my range.

OzarkTom

« Reply #4 on: 1 Feb 2015, 12:24 am »
I was referring to the CL3&4. Box speaker's.  Gallo's web site hasn't had the 3.1-3.5's for at least 1 year or two. The idea with the box speaker's was brought on by dealer's, when they sold thru dealer's, asking for a box speaker because the 3.1-3.5 were too weird looking for a lot of people. Personally, I found the 3.1-3.5 as looking good. As in something besides a box. The line source speaker is beautiful. But, at $20k it's a little out of my range. Well not a little but A LOT out of my range.

The line source speakers were discontinued 2-3 years ago. They were beautiful. I saw a used pair two years on Audiogon for $6K.

radarnyc

« Reply #5 on: 1 Jun 2016, 01:19 am »
Anyone have an idea of what is expected for Gallo's new speakers....and when?

jpm

« Reply #6 on: 1 Jun 2016, 04:55 am »
I have to confess that I was been wondering about Gallo as well.

I found recently that both of my CLS 2 sub-woofers were kaput ... received advance replacements from Gallo last week, no muss no fuss. Just hope the amps in these two last more than 6months  :?

As for the Reference 3.x's - as soon as I saw them I knew I had to have them. Still running the long campaign to be allowed to put them in the sitting room though!

radarnyc

« Reply #7 on: 1 Jun 2016, 01:33 pm »
So it's been mentioned that the Classico series wasn't very successful for Gallo. 6moons did a nice review...so were these decent speakers or were flawed in some way?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #8 on: 1 Jun 2016, 01:40 pm »
I still haven't heard a pair of Gallo speakers I liked better than the Nucleus References I had years ago...

George

sunnydaze

« Reply #9 on: 1 Jun 2016, 01:44 pm »
I still haven't heard a pair of Gallo speakers I liked better than the Nucleus References I had years ago...

George

:thumb:

jparkhur

« Reply #10 on: 1 Jun 2016, 02:32 pm »

George

These have been one of my favorite speakers for soundstage since the early 90's.  Round no standing wave enclosure, ob tweeter for the most part, and were awesome.   Wish someone would bring them back... The milling of ALU enclosure is wonderful.

Jon

Danny Richie

« Reply #11 on: 1 Jun 2016, 03:48 pm »
I do have some insider information on that but really can't say anything. I can tell you that what Underwood HiFi posted is correct.

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #12 on: 1 Jun 2016, 06:47 pm »
I do have some insider information on that but really can't say anything. I can tell you that what Underwood HiFi posted is correct.

Hmmm...

Ill be keeping a close eye on this. In the meantime, the NX-Oticas/h-frames do everything the Ref 3.1s do but substantially better. I can say that with authority.

charmerci

« Reply #13 on: 1 Jun 2016, 06:49 pm »

George

..and could you brew beer in them too?  :lol:

PeteG

« Reply #14 on: 2 Jun 2016, 01:03 am »
They did have that crazy look, but man did I enjoy listening to them.

ACHiPo

« Reply #15 on: 2 Jun 2016, 11:36 am »

I've heard great things about them, but never got to listen to a pair.

OzarkTom

« Reply #16 on: 2 Jun 2016, 04:01 pm »
I've heard great things about them, but never got to listen to a pair.

Anthony always wowed the dealers at the CES show with these.

sunnydaze

« Reply #17 on: 2 Jun 2016, 07:23 pm »
Anthony always wowed the dealers at the CES show with these.

They were great.  Sometimes I wish I had never sold my pair.

The good thing is,  when they do pop up  (rarely) they are cheap.  Less than $1500.
IIRC original retail was $4500.

charmerci

« Reply #18 on: 2 Jun 2016, 10:38 pm »

So that multi-colored thing is the tweeter? Does it have a 360 degree output?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #19 on: 2 Jun 2016, 10:42 pm »

So that multi-colored thing is the tweeter? Does it have a 360 degree output?

Yes and yes.

George