AXPONA 2017 - We've got a killer line up in room 634 and more!

Berto

Besides awarding us for the best room at the show. Peter from AVS showrooms had this to say about the sound from our Golden Gate DAC through the epic VSA ULTRA 11s >

Words cannot express what I felt when listening to Roger Waters “Amused to Death” on this system with the ULTRA 11 Von Schweikert loudspeakers. It is the best of show. It is the best of any room at any show I’ve ever attended and I have been in thousands of exhibit rooms over the years. The experience was otherworldly. The sound was big and detailed – organic; the room had a heartbeat except there was no room, everything disappeared, like having the best seat in the house at a venue with excellent acoustics. I’m usually not a big fan of large loudspeakers at shows because they are very hard to set-up properly in a less than adequate environment with little time to get things right, but this was an achievement of the first order.

« Last Edit: 9 May 2017, 03:13 am by Berto »

branislav

No Lampizator on the diploma?

Gopher

Woops.  They fixed the origional award.  Here's the right one :thumb:

Thanks again, Peter B.!

soulforged

Hell yeah! I 'experienced' Amused to Death in the room and it's gonna stay with me forever! Congrats to you guys for such a phenomenal setup!

rebbi

Re: AXPONA 2017 - We've got a killer line up in room 634 and more!
« Reply #24 on: 12 May 2017, 12:58 pm »
As a Spatial M3 Turbo S owner I'd love to see more write-ups of that room, but there's been very little written online. Any reviews I've missed?

Gopher

Re: AXPONA 2017 - We've got a killer line up in room 634 and more!
« Reply #25 on: 12 May 2017, 01:50 pm »
As a Spatial M3 Turbo S owner I'd love to see more write-ups of that room, but there's been very little written online. Any reviews I've missed?

We are hoping to see more trickle in over the course of the next few weeks as reviewers catch up on their logs.  AXPONA turnout was huge this year, so they've been busy!  Here's one from Steven Stone at The Absolute Sound to hold you over for now:

LampizatOr introduced its Golden Atlantic DAC (9000 Euro) in room 634. With Lampizator’s Komputer Server (3900 Euro) as a front end and the Linear Tube Audio ZOTL 40 mk. II amplifier ($5800) driving the new Spatial Audio M3 Triode Master loudspeakers ($4000) connected with Verastarr cables (prices on request), the sound was delightfully musical and did not have a pernicious upper-bass thickness that plagued most of the AXPONA rooms. While it lacked the bass extension I get with my pair of Spatial M3 turbo SE loudspeakers in my own system because it lacked subwoofers (I use two JL F112 subs), the overall sonics reminded me of home.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/axpona-2017-digital-components-headphones-and-personal-audio/