NFL Football '16-17

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Re: NFL Football '16-17
« Reply #60 on: 14 Sep 2016, 01:29 am »
So I waited for 20 years for the Rams to return to LA, and that was what I get?

28-0, destroyed by the niners, and the game was probably not that close  :lol:

At some point, I think rams were 1 out of 9 on 3rd down conversions.
Offense was non existent, defense only a little better.

The niner's with Chip as the coach may be better then expected, but I can't believe they are that good, so looking at a long season.
 :( :( :(

There's no chance of sending them back to St. Louis?

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #61 on: 14 Sep 2016, 02:09 am »
There's no chance of sending them back to St. Louis?

Nope.  That ship has sailed.  Forgotten, like Albert Pujols.   :shake:

fredgarvin

« Reply #62 on: 14 Sep 2016, 02:10 am »
Actually Chip was 6-9 his final season with the Eagles, he was fired before the final win in week 17.  Just looking at the record for all three years it looks better than it actually was.  He started off strong with a 10-6 season and making the playoffs.  The next year started out okay, then got progressively worse toward the end of the season collapse and missing the playoffs.  The decline continued through the final season with no hope of improvement.  All the while he was getting rid of all the talent Reid had built up, DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Macklin, Evan Mathis, dumping Pro Bowlers like he had a college roster of unlimited talent.  He added no one to make up the deficit.  Jeffery and all the Philly fans had enough.  Yes, it was a disaster that goes way deeper than the cumulative record.

Philly fans   :lol: nutballs. It ain't gonna get better than Chips record, 2 games less than your Steelers. You sure bought the east coast media spin.  :lol:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #63 on: 14 Sep 2016, 09:13 am »
I'm sorry Freddy, didn't know you were a Chip-bot.  I guess San Fran is going to the Super Bowl this year.  What idiots we were to let such a genius go.  Said no one, ever.  And no, I didn't buy in to any media hype either way, when Chip was a genius I decried his knee-jerk move with Jackson and others.  I did have hope that his replacements would pan out, all but Malcolm Jenkins are gone now.  And there was no media blitz to oust Chip, it came as a shock to ESPN and others, don't know where you got that one.  Chip Kelly refused to adapt to the NFL game and it got him fired by a management team that hung on to the last coach for 14 years.  Maybe he's learned something, but I'm betting he hasn't.

randytsuch

« Reply #64 on: 14 Sep 2016, 03:09 pm »
Nope.  That ship has sailed.  Forgotten, like Albert Pujols.   :shake:

:lol: :lol:
Yeah, I remember hearing some outrageous number for the Ram's worth after moving to LA, owner is making a killing on the move. 
Maybe it was just first game jitters  :|

I'm sorry Freddy, didn't know you were a Chip-bot.  I guess San Fran is going to the Super Bowl this year.  What idiots we were to let such a genius go.  Said no one, ever.  And no, I didn't buy in to any media hype either way, when Chip was a genius I decried his knee-jerk move with Jackson and others.  I did have hope that his replacements would pan out, all but Malcolm Jenkins are gone now.  And there was no media blitz to oust Chip, it came as a shock to ESPN and others, don't know where you got that one.  Chip Kelly refused to adapt to the NFL game and it got him fired by a management team that hung on to the last coach for 14 years.  Maybe he's learned something, but I'm betting he hasn't.

I'm not an Eagles fan, but it seemed like Chip did well when he first got there.  The problems started when they let Chip make personnel decisions, his player moves flopped big time.

So if you just let him coach, and have a good GM maybe it will work with Chip.

Randy

fredgarvin

« Reply #65 on: 14 Sep 2016, 04:09 pm »

A Chip-bot? Ha ha. I guess that's all you have to counter your steelers being 2 games better than the eagles 'disaster' those 3 seasons :D  Anyway, I'm a Steeler fan myself. The 49's suck. As do the iggles.
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2016, 09:22 pm by fredgarvin »

fredgarvin

« Reply #66 on: 14 Sep 2016, 04:23 pm »
:lol: :lol:
Yeah, I remember hearing some outrageous number for the Ram's worth after moving to LA, owner is making a killing on the move. 
Maybe it was just first game jitters  :|

I'm not an Eagles fan, but it seemed like Chip did well when he first got there.  The problems started when they let Chip make personnel decisions, his player moves flopped big time.

So if you just let him coach, and have a good GM maybe it will work with Chip.

Randy

It definitely hurt them that D.Murray didn't show up to play. The run based offense they ran went 24-8 when they rushed for 100 yds or more in a game. Murray says he 'took that season off', we'll see this year with the Titans if that's true or if he's just shot.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #67 on: 23 Sep 2016, 05:24 pm »
It is beginning to look like Houston paid Super Star money for a pretty average QB. Also looks like the Patriots will rampage through the League this season. They're set to go 4-0 without Brady and considering the weapons he has this year, will likely enter the playoffs with home field advantage. Denver and Pittsburgh are the only teams I can imagine beating them -- but they usually don't. NFC looks like Carolina, Arizona or the Giants in Super Bowl. Did I miss any realistic contenders or is this down to a 6 team tournament already?

charmerci

« Reply #68 on: 23 Sep 2016, 05:44 pm »
Forget the Giants. They barely won over some weak teams.

You did forget Seattle.

The Chiefs will probably be there towards the end but the Pats look pretty unstoppable. (Yawn.)

sts9fan

« Reply #69 on: 23 Sep 2016, 05:51 pm »
It is beginning to look like Houston paid Super Star money for a pretty average QB. Also looks like the Patriots will rampage through the League this season. They're set to go 4-0 without Brady and considering the weapons he has this year, will likely enter the playoffs with home field advantage. Denver and Pittsburgh are the only teams I can imagine beating them -- but they usually don't. NFC looks like Carolina, Arizona or the Giants in Super Bowl. Did I miss any realistic contenders or is this down to a 6 team tournament already?

no Brady or GRONK!

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #70 on: 23 Sep 2016, 07:16 pm »
no Brady or GRONK!
Or Ninkovich.

Brady is coming back with fire in his eyes. This is going to be fun.

charmerci

« Reply #71 on: 23 Sep 2016, 11:58 pm »
Or Ninkovich.

Brady is coming back with fire in his eyes. This is going to be fun.

But who knows who will play next WE - Brissett is out!

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2016/09/23/Fantasy-Football-injury-update-New-England-Patriots-QB-Jacoby-Brissett-out/4251474660208/

Eh, but it's OK, the Pats can lose one game before TB comes back.

vonnie123

« Reply #72 on: 24 Sep 2016, 02:01 am »
NFL ratings are down 13 percent per an article I saw, much of which is related to the kaepernick nonsense. (At least I think it's nonsense).

Haven't watched a game thusfar this season.  Don't plan to either.

fredgarvin

« Reply #73 on: 24 Sep 2016, 03:33 pm »
I agree although putting games like New England, sans Brady, against Houston on Monday isn't going to excite very many people. So often the Monday games are duds. .

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #74 on: 24 Sep 2016, 06:02 pm »
NFL ratings are down 13 percent per an article I saw, much of which is related to the kaepernick nonsense. (At least I think it's nonsense).

Haven't watched a game thusfar this season.  Don't plan to either.

How exactly are you correlating a ratings change with what Kaepernick and other players are doing to bring social/racial inequalities to light?

George

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #75 on: 24 Sep 2016, 06:08 pm »
How exactly are you correlating a ratings change with what Kaepernick and other players are doing to bring social/racial inequalities to light?

George

Because nobody gives a shit what an athlete thinks.  :evil:

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #76 on: 24 Sep 2016, 06:18 pm »
Because nobody gives a shit what an athlete thinks.  :evil:

Jerry,

Some of the most significant social change in the last 50 years was driven, lead, or heavily influenced by athletes.

George

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #77 on: 24 Sep 2016, 06:24 pm »
Yeah, okay, George.

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #78 on: 24 Sep 2016, 06:32 pm »
Yeah, okay, George.

Jerry,

My apologies for my original response (which I have modified) in which I said you are wrong.

Each of us are absolutely entitled to our opinions and right and wrong are not productive labels.

George

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #79 on: 24 Sep 2016, 07:47 pm »
Jerry,

My apologies for my original response (which I have modified) in which I said you are wrong.

Each of us are absolutely entitled to our opinions and right and wrong are not productive labels.

George
Spoken like a true nobleman, George.

For the record, I care about what Kaepernick thinks, now that I have learned that he thinks. I confess I had initially thought otherwise.

Unless people in the public eye speak up, these matters never find their way into the national conversation. I think you would have to wait a long time for American media outlets to speak up on behalf of the victims. It's great that these jocks are willing to put themselves on the line to get people thinking and talking about an epidemic that used to go unreported.