Looking to audition RM2 or RM30 in Florida

mattcpt

Looking to audition RM2 or RM30 in Florida
« on: 27 Mar 2012, 11:42 pm »
I've attempted to contact the Florida owners that have posted in the "VMPS Owners Audition List", but I haven't received a response.  I would guess that it's because some of the owners from Florida posted more than 5 years ago and may not be active.  I didn't post this message in that thread because I would think that it should only be owners posting in it.  If anyone lives within 2-3 hours of West Palm Beach, I would be very interested in listening to your speakers.  I have an interest in buying the RM2 or RM30 speakers, but I would imagine that I could still get a feeling for how VMPS speakers sound if I heard a different model than those mentioned.

Thanks,
Matt

John Casler

Re: Looking to audition RM2 or RM30 in Florida
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2012, 10:56 pm »
Hi Matt,

Yes, the main VMPS Circle here is the best place to see if anyone is available.  While we have tons of VMPS'ers in FL, (and all over actually) our owners are not as "internet social" as some.

I have been thinking about putting up a FACEBOOK page for VMPS, but I am not sure how many of our group even know what FB is.  :lol:

You are also correct that hearing "any" of the VMPS ribbons will give you a general idea of the sonic signature, but each one has its own special talents to layer on top of that personality.

The RM2 and the RM30 models differ primarily in the bass region, with the RM2 having the capability to play lower (20hz region) compared to the RM30's 30hz region.  With the CDWG's on each, the imaging and soundstages will be similar.  Without the CDWG's the RM30 will have an imaging advantage due to its narrower baffle.

Both are wonderful in their own right and each has the potential to make you very happy with your CD/Record/HD collection of music. :thumb:

mattcpt

« Reply #2 on: 2 Apr 2012, 02:17 am »
Thanks for the description of the difference between the RM2 and RM30.  I'm hoping that an owner from Florida responds to my post, but I'm also going to be taking a trip to Massachusetts in a few months, and I could arrange an audition at that time if there is an owner in MA that is willing to host an audition.  I will be traveling with my wife and kid, but my wife has no problem with me taking some time alone to listen to speakers that I have an interest in.  She and my daughter will certainly be able to entertain themselves without me (but I doubt that they would be having more fun).  Matt

ZMan

« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2012, 04:50 pm »
Matt,
Sorry for the late response.   I have a pair of RM30's just across Alligator alley in Naples.  I am free on weekends or perhaps an evening if you are interested.

Send me an e-mail if you wish:
e1zlouis@aol.com

Ed

buddyiramae

« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2012, 08:00 pm »
John, I have my VMPS Super Tower/Rs on facebook. I got positive responses. But, you are correct in your assumption that not too many of us are on Facebook. I registered on FB a long time ago & only recently started to post. If any of you are interested in listening to vintage VMPS, I am all for it. I live in Terrell Texas.