Jeff Hedback acoustical consulting

mikeeastman

Jeff Hedback acoustical consulting
« on: 10 Mar 2013, 11:34 pm »
Finally got my system up and finished my acoustic consult with Jeff Hedback, WOW! First I want to thank Jeff for not only the acoustic design but for his help in setting up my Rythmik sub amps ( I would not have even gotten close without his help) I highly recommend Jeff if you need acoustic consulting, great results at a reasonable price and a real pleasure to work with.

I still need to have my Spatial EQ set up and to get my DSD working. But so far the systems sounds great.

Jeff will be posting before and after graph, as I know some of you guys just have to have graphs and pics or its not real.  :D :D

Haven't  completed all the small finish work on acoustic panels yet, but these pics will give you an idea.

Mike

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Jeff Hedback acoustical consulting
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2013, 12:07 am »
Didn't Art Smuck also use Hedback?  He's getting some good recommendations from some knowledgeable members. 
I see a pair of Serenity Super7's..... there aren't many speakers that I would swap my LS9's for, but those are one of them.

bluemike

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2013, 12:15 am »
Jeff Hedback is extremely knowledgable and a hell of a nice guy to boot
For those that have dealt with him they know the level of proffesionalism and service you recieve
100% recommended  :thumb:

Pat
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2013, 11:22 pm by bluemike »

Jeffrey Hedback

• Industry Participant
  • Acoustical Design & Consulting
    • Acoustical Design & Consulting
« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2013, 01:31 pm »

Hi Mike.  Thank you so much for the kind words (and Mike as well).  It's been a total pleasure working with you over the course of this project.  I've attached a few graphs from the recent remote testing.  Your new Super-7's are tremendous speakers.  The room/speaker relationship is really solid Mike.  Part of what we've focused on is 'dialing in' preferences.  Our last data was where the average spectral balance started to lock-in.  I know you've made some tweaks since this last data and I'm sure you've done excellent.  I decided to show the freq response at 1-6th smoothing from 20Hz to 4K.  To me, the rise in LF and down slope in HF is excellent (factoring your listening location and distance from speaker to ear)...the focus region is the 100Hz to 200Hz range and getting the right amount of energy there when adjusting the speaker elements.  The decay time graph shows exceptionally smooth decay from 63Hz to 8K which is supporting the performance of my multi-functioned DIY device design: slats over 'fuzz' over limp mass barrier.
[/img][/img]

Alex Reynolds

• Industry Participant
  • Bringing Your Sound to Life
    • GIK Acoustics
« Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2013, 02:30 pm »
I'm sure anyone who hired Jeff for a design or for consultation would be more than happy with their experience.
Good work Mike, the room looks quite good!

Jeff, I'm assuming the small dips around 130Hz or so are SBIR related?

Rob Babcock

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2013, 09:25 am »
Good sound and good looks!  A very nice installation- I'm jealous!