New Products, Pricing & Holiday Year End Specials

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Innovated passive & active preamp technology
    • Tortuga Audio
New Products, Pricing & Holiday Year End Specials
« on: 23 Nov 2014, 11:16 pm »
I've covered some of this here before over the last couple of weeks but we just sent out an email blast to our subscribers announcing the following:

New V2.1 Version  of our DIY LDR3x Passive Preamp Controller board is available for for pre-order @ $199 through Jan 5th ($259 thereafter).

Reintroducing the LDR3  in both a DIY kit version and also as a finished preamp with upgraded features.
  • Kit Version: LDR3V2K DIY kit including V2.1 board & enclosure for pre-order @ $699 through Jan 5th ($799 thereafter)
  • Finished Preamp Version: LDR3V2 Passive Preamp for pre-order @ $995 through Jan 5th ($1195 thereafter)
Holiday Discount & 2015 Price Increases for LDRx/LDRxB
  • LDRx Passive Preamp @ 10% off current $1495 price through Jan 5th with price increase to $1995 thereafter
  • LDRxB Balanced Passive Preamp @ 10% off current $2395 price through Jan 5 with price increase to $2895 thereafter

This is all discussed in more detail here: http://www.tortugaaudio.com/new-preamps-pricing-holiday-year-end-specials/

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
Re: New Products, Pricing & Holiday Year End Specials
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2014, 09:43 pm »
A couple of pics of the LDR3.V2 front panel - silver version - in final fitup.

The panel shown has been milled and brushed but hasn't been clear anodized yet but it will look very close to this. Of course there will also be a black on black version. We may substitute stainless socket screws/washers instead of the black ones for the silver front.

robertopisa

« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2014, 06:23 pm »
I like this way, in two colors. Having it all black is less "sexy" :)

justubes

« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2014, 02:21 pm »
HI,

When will the kits or the v2.1 boards be able to ship once we place the order? after5th Jan?

Thanks

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2014, 02:53 pm »
When will the kits or the v2.1 bards be able to ship once we place the order? after5th Jan?

Yes. The V2.1 board and both the LDR3.V2 & LDR3.V2K will be released after Jan 5th. The bare V2.1 boards are due in our shop by Dec 10/11th from the fabricator. We stuff them ourselves. We'll start building units soon thereafter and will have a few built by the release date and will continue to build/ship to to meet orders as they come in. We keep a very lean inventory of finished product. If we get a huge wave of orders in might take up to 2-3 weeks to get caught up. Of course we ship in the sequence orders come in so first-in, first-out.

Cheers,
Morten

roymail

• Roy in TX
« Reply #5 on: 3 Dec 2014, 05:50 pm »
Are you getting a significant number of pre-release orders?  I would guess that many are taking advantage of the special pricing offers.  All the best and happy holidays!  :thumb:

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #6 on: 3 Dec 2014, 07:38 pm »
Are you getting a significant number of pre-release orders?  I would guess that many are taking advantage of the special pricing offers.  All the best and happy holidays!  :thumb:

This round of pre-orders was set up as pre-paid. Previously we've used a pay-when-released approach which has worked successfully. Since the release date isn't until Jan 5th (still over 30 days away) I think a lot of people are deferring purchase until closer to the release date. Which is understandable since the discount is good until Jan 5th and meanwhile they're not out the pre-paid amount. Unfortunately this clouds insight into market demand and makes it harder to plan for the release. However, since we already have a good number of pre-paid pre-orders it would hardly be fair to switch over to pay-when-released now. Next time, we're definitely sticking with the pay-when-released approach to pre-orders.  :thumb:

TJHUB

« Reply #7 on: 5 Dec 2014, 01:47 am »
This round of pre-orders was set up as pre-paid. Previously we've used a pay-when-released approach which has worked successfully. Since the release date isn't until Jan 5th (still over 30 days away) I think a lot of people are deferring purchase until closer to the release date. Which is understandable since the discount is good until Jan 5th and meanwhile they're not out the pre-paid amount. Unfortunately this clouds insight into market demand and makes it harder to plan for the release. However, since we already have a good number of pre-paid pre-orders it would hardly be fair to switch over to pay-when-released now. Next time, we're definitely sticking with the pay-when-released approach to pre-orders.  :thumb:

As an early pre-order paid customer, just ship mine right after the new v2.1 boards arrive, and I won't complain if switch over.   :thumb:

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #8 on: 4 Jan 2015, 02:12 am »
A quick update to let you'all know we are extending the holiday year end pricing a few extra days beyond Jan 5th up until midnight Friday the 9th next week.

I've covered some of this here before over the last couple of weeks but we just sent out an email blast to our subscribers announcing the following:

New V2.1 Version  of our DIY LDR3x Passive Preamp Controller board is available for for pre-order @ $199 through Jan 5th ($259 thereafter).

Reintroducing the LDR3  in both a DIY kit version and also as a finished preamp with upgraded features.
  • Kit Version: LDR3V2K DIY kit including V2.1 board & enclosure for pre-order @ $699 through Jan 5th ($799 thereafter)
  • Finished Preamp Version: LDR3V2 Passive Preamp for pre-order @ $995 through Jan 5th ($1195 thereafter)
Holiday Discount & 2015 Price Increases for LDRx/LDRxB
  • LDRx Passive Preamp @ 10% off current $1495 price through Jan 5th with price increase to $1995 thereafter
  • LDRxB Balanced Passive Preamp @ 10% off current $2395 price through Jan 5 with price increase to $2895 thereafter

This is all discussed in more detail here: http://www.tortugaaudio.com/new-preamps-pricing-holiday-year-end-specials/

marlew

« Reply #9 on: 8 Jan 2015, 06:58 pm »
Thanks for your help with my preorder.  Looking forward to the new unit when my number comes up.

justubes

« Reply #10 on: 4 Feb 2015, 08:37 am »
Any updates on when the preorder boards will be shipping. Status is still processing :wink:

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #11 on: 4 Feb 2015, 01:29 pm »
Any updates on when the preorder boards will be shipping. Status is still processing :wink:

We are shipping and have been shipping but the list is long and we have a finite production capacity. Didn't help any that our lead tech up and moved back to Denver but have new tech starting today. Patience. Soon.