Poll

How many members are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia Washington area?  Who's out there?

Yes, let's get together and share some love for Music, Equipment and Food!
22 (81.5%)
Yes, let's gather once in a while and show off our stuff!
5 (18.5%)
No, too much rain, I am NOT going out!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
Re: PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???
« Reply #140 on: 26 Dec 2016, 02:54 am »
Just wanted to take a moment to wish all my new friends in the PSAG a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Hope everyone is enjoying family, food, drink and of course some good tunes  :thumb:

A big thank you to you Mike and the rest of the gang, the ones we've met and the ones we will meet hopefully sooner than later. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and however else you all celebrate. We are very fortunate to have such good people around us and I look forward getting together soon. Until then, may everyone enjoy their friends and family and what every time they may get off to relax.

JakeJ

« Reply #141 on: 26 Dec 2016, 01:14 pm »
Happy Holidays to All!  Hope all of you are well and happy and looking forward to the new year.

Best Wishes,
Jake

Sonny

« Reply #142 on: 13 Jan 2017, 07:16 pm »
Happy Holidays to All!  Hope all of you are well and happy and looking forward to the new year.

Best Wishes,
Jake

Same to you Jake and the rest of the PS Group!

Was wondering if anyone local has access to wood working tools to make some diffusers...I can trade cables, i/c and/or sc for this...

Thanks and hope to make the next gathering!

Jake, how is the Pass sounding?

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #143 on: 13 Jan 2017, 07:19 pm »
Same to you Jake and the rest of the PS Group!

Was wondering if anyone local has access to wood working tools to make some diffusers...I can trade cables, i/c and/or sc for this...

Thanks and hope to make the next gathering!

I have just about every tool you can think of. We aren't that close to each other but you are welcome to borrow them. Shoot me a PM and we can talk about it.

Sonny

« Reply #144 on: 13 Jan 2017, 07:24 pm »
I have just about every tool you can think of. We aren't that close to each other but you are welcome to borrow them. Shoot me a PM and we can talk about it.

Thanks Greg!  I do work in Belltown three days a week.

Wondering if you've made any diffusers before?  I think really what I was thinking about are the ones that require 2x2 inch cut in various lengths, etc.  something a Miter saw or so... :thumb:

JakeJ

« Reply #145 on: 14 Jan 2017, 01:31 am »

Absolutley awesome!  Sorry I haven't followed up on my system changes but life got crazy busy this past week.  I have notes just need to tap out the details.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #146 on: 18 Jan 2017, 12:16 am »
Thanks Greg!  I do work in Belltown three days a week.

Wondering if you've made any diffusers before?  I think really what I was thinking about are the ones that require 2x2 inch cut in various lengths, etc.  something a Miter saw or so... :thumb:

I haven't made them before but do have a 14" slide saw and a portable table saw. The blades are in pretty good shape so you should be O.K. for awhile anyway.

I need to build a support structure for a new platform bed that I'm getting in a couple of weeks but after that you are welcome to borrow them for awhile.

Tin_ear

« Reply #147 on: 26 May 2017, 06:18 am »
Was looking around, and just found this thread. I'd love to talk gear and music, and listen to some other systems. I suppose it's because of the company I've kept (mainly work colleagues), but nobody I have known seems to appreciate the therapeutic effect of good music on a good system.

Is there another get-together planned any time soon?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #148 on: 26 May 2017, 07:38 am »
Hi, Tin_ear!

I'm way down in Vancouver, WA (for the next 2 months anyway).

Hey, Greg!

I am buying the Daedalus Audio Apollo speakers from Lou. I suppose there is a potential for stopping by with my Apollos in tow for a listen in your party room if the logistics and G2G timing can be arranged in advance. [Hint. Hint!] You know, I pick up the speakers in Ferndale and drive south to your place to recover from all the driving. Then, after six or so hours of outrageous music, I pack 'em up and say my farewells.

Food for thought. Remember how important it is to take a day off every now and again.  :icon_twisted:

Michael

mca

« Reply #149 on: 26 May 2017, 08:16 am »
I would be down for that as well. I think you will be surprised how good Gregs room is sounding after treatments!

Welcome Tin_ear!

JakeJ

« Reply #150 on: 26 May 2017, 12:22 pm »
Yes, yes, yes!  With enough lead time I should be able to make it too.

Welcome Tin_ear!

Sonny

« Reply #151 on: 26 May 2017, 02:15 pm »
So, who is hosting and when?

And welcome Tin_ear!

Tin_ear

« Reply #152 on: 31 May 2017, 05:48 am »
I'd be willing to host, but once you see the pics (when I get a gallery started) of my two systems in their rooms, you'll know the room dimensions/layout are not conducive to a good soundstage, by any means.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #153 on: 17 Jun 2017, 12:31 am »
I will be happy to host, I had back surgery in May and did not see the new posts.

As soon as Michael finds out when he will be picking up his speakers he will let us all know and we can make a plan. I have room for 6 people sitting in O.K. positions, 2 more people sitting on one side of the room and anyone else who doesn't mind standing at the back of the room in the kitchen.

Once we know a date and Michael and I can confirm that date will work, I would ask anyone who can make it to post here.

I look forward to seeing old faces and meeting new ones, this will be a lot of fun.

Greg

mresseguie

« Reply #154 on: 17 Jun 2017, 12:37 am »
 :banana piano: :drums: :beer:

Greg,

Just so you know, my preamp is on the other side of the Pacific Ocean. We'll have to rough it with someone else's preamp. Sigh.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #155 on: 17 Jun 2017, 12:40 am »
I might be asked to ride along.  If given proper items I can with in the car.

Alan

JakeJ

« Reply #156 on: 17 Jun 2017, 12:58 am »
Very cool!  Keep me...you know, posted. :jester:

New toys to play with include a Musical Paradise MP-D2 DAC (Greg, you get that Denafrips yet?) and I have a YS Audio/Audio Experience A2 Gold Edition Balanced preamp that will be here Monday 6/19.  Also got great deal on a Revelation Audio Labs  Prophecy CryoSilver™ Reference DualConduit™ USB 2.0 Digital Link cable.  Yes, separating power from signal on USB does make an audible difference.

mresseguie - Will be following your thread on the Denafrips DACs with great interest.  However I'm a bit sad your Don Sachs SP-14 is on the other side of the world, but I also understand why.

BR,
Jake

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #157 on: 17 Jun 2017, 03:21 am »
Very cool!  Keep me...you know, posted. :jester:

New toys to play with include a Musical Paradise MP-D2 DAC (Greg, you get that Denafrips yet?) and I have a YS Audio/Audio Experience A2 Gold Edition Balanced preamp that will be here Monday 6/19.  Also got great deal on a Revelation Audio Labs  Prophecy CryoSilver™ Reference DualConduit™ USB 2.0 Digital Link cable.  Yes, separating power from signal on USB does make an audible difference.

mresseguie - Will be following your thread on the Denafrips DACs with great interest.  However I'm a bit sad your Don Sachs SP-14 is on the other side of the world, but I also understand why.

BR,
Jake

O.K. Jake,

What else did I miss??? What is Michaels Denafrips Dac thread and where is it? Inquiring minds want to know :scratch:

I look forward to anything you want to bring Jake, you have been busy picking up new gear and I can't wait to hear it :thumb:.

mresseguie

« Reply #158 on: 17 Jun 2017, 03:30 am »
O.K. Jake,

What else did I miss??? What is Michaels Denafrips Dac thread and where is it? Inquiring minds want to know :scratch:

I look forward to anything you want to bring Jake, you have been busy picking up new gear and I can't wait to hear it :thumb:.

I only began it today. Until I reviewed our PM thread from a few months ago, I had been unable to recall where I first heard of Denafrips. Now I know it was YOU who planted that evil seed in my brain! There's another 'super' DAC called the Holo something or other....I had the website 2 days ago....I'll track it down.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=150966.0

JakeJ

« Reply #159 on: 17 Jun 2017, 01:12 pm »
I think you are referring to this one?

https://kitsunehifi.com/product/springdacgreen/