Capital Audiofest

NavyDoc

• Virabus mari victoria
Capital Audiofest
« on: 11 Apr 2014, 10:07 pm »
Was just looking at the 2014 CAF vendor listing.  Looks like Odyssey Audio will be there. I have put it on my calendar.

After the great service I received from Klaus repairing my preamp that was damaged during shipment (APO in Cambodia) I would like to buy Klaus a beer (or equivalent)..

Hadro

Re: Capital Audiofest
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2014, 04:08 am »
Why don't all of us Odyssey owners here in the D.C. metro area get together at the Capital Audiofest and show our gratitude to Klaus by taking him out to an amazing dinner at the restaurant of his choice? What do you say?

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2014, 06:21 am »
Yes, yes, yes,  oh please, yes ..........

TAULISA

« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2014, 01:38 pm »
More than a beer....Strong bottles of wine from Mantling Sienna Tuscany close to where I live shame
 of me I've been promising Klaus for years now !!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2014, 01:50 pm »
Yes, yes, yes,  oh please, yes ..........

What's this free dinner in DC stuff?  :lol:

NavyDoc

• Virabus mari victoria
« Reply #5 on: 14 Apr 2014, 03:20 pm »
Sounds like a good time...lots of good restaurants in Silver Spring.  Looking forward to my first audio show.

Hadro

« Reply #6 on: 14 Apr 2014, 11:02 pm »
Klaus, you might want to start thinking about a day and a time.  Also, if you have a restaurant in mind, great; if not, let us know what food suits your fancy and we can come up with suggestions.  Don't feel you have to make up your mind soon, but it might be a good idea to get the ball rolling.  Looking forward to a fine time, everybody!

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #7 on: 15 Apr 2014, 01:33 am »
I seem to recall he was particularly fond of the huge cowboy cut bone-in ribeye at Ray's The Classics (now just "The Classics" after Ray sold it to management). Highly recommended and just down the street and around the corner from the capfest hotel.

Phil A

« Reply #8 on: 15 Apr 2014, 02:18 am »
I seem to recall he was particularly fond of the huge cowboy cut bone-in ribeye at Ray's The Classics (now just "The Classics" after Ray sold it to management). Highly recommended and just down the street and around the corner from the capfest hotel.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #9 on: 21 Apr 2014, 09:26 am »
YUP...last year Woodsyi  has taken care of that for you guys by springing the bill for me and Irina......on a different note to resurrect the issue :
we both had 32 oz'ers.....I could only eat 50 - 60 %,  Rim wasn't even done after he devoured his........man oh man,  no idea as to where he puts all of that,  especially considering that this guy is really in shape......... damn &^$^&($$)*%)&*$*%_(%*)&%

Hadro

« Reply #10 on: 22 Jul 2014, 03:24 pm »
Klaus,
Where and when would you like us to hold a feast in your honor? 

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #11 on: 22 Jul 2014, 03:32 pm »
Klaus,
Where and when would you like us to hold a feast in your honor?

See what's brewing here.  Still time to add more to the reservation.......

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=121905.40

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #12 on: 27 Jul 2014, 12:20 am »
Klaus -

Pleasure meeting you this morning, glad Laura insisted we stop in your rooms.

The Kismet Reference floorstanders are the real deal and have them on my short list to audition once I move into a new home and have a better idea what my room will be like.

Gene

vinyl_lady

« Reply #13 on: 27 Jul 2014, 01:40 pm »
Klaus,

good seeing you as always. I am truly amazed at how you do it. You always deliver great sound and always at an amazingly affordable price. Your room with the Kismets was killer sound at any price.

What really blew me away was the room with the small speakers. I could not believe you were producing the quality of sound I heard for $1,800. There is no excuse for anyone who loves music not to step up from their mp3 player or Best Buy stacked system to hear the real deal.

See you in Denver.

Best,

Laura

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #14 on: 27 Jul 2014, 03:25 pm »
Looks like Klaus is about to catapult that fork. lol That is one serious steak man! Be tough to move after that feast.

KLH007

« Reply #15 on: 28 Jul 2014, 05:56 pm »
I have to agree with vinyl_lady, Klaus offers the best value in high end audio, managing to produce world class performances in both speakers and electronics while keeping the price in the real world affordable category! His Kismet room competed with best sound at the show regardless of cost, and the room with the monitors and Cyclops integrated blew away all expectations for what $1800 can do, outstanding job Klaus.

Kemper
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2014, 03:00 am by 007KLH »

monte

« Reply #16 on: 28 Jul 2014, 07:26 pm »
It sounded really good when he popped in zz top

jreiter

« Reply #17 on: 28 Jul 2014, 07:54 pm »
two of the better rooms of the show ... and yeah, ZZ Top rocked; or did the setup rock ZZ Top?!

soundofrockets

« Reply #18 on: 29 Jul 2014, 03:49 am »
Looks like another super successful show.  Well done Klaus.  Now time for some pictures.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #19 on: 31 Jul 2014, 01:05 am »
Everything...and I mean everything was freakin' awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!