My first AVA amp, Synergy 240.

retnuh

My first AVA amp, Synergy 240.
« on: 24 Jun 2017, 04:28 pm »

Got my first AVA amp last Friday, a Synergy 240. I say my first because I grew up listening their products. I don't recall if it was before or after buying but my dad back when he was driving semi, late 70s early 80s, stopped by your place and I know he was sold as there was never a thought of looking at another company after that. He went full kit, actually had to make the circuit board for your early, maybe first, preamp. Power amp I believe was a Dyna rebuild. Read a lot of the old newsletters. I always flash back to weekend afternoons of cds blasting music and Saturday night movies at his house of how things should sound. So I've been waiting awhile to buy one of your amps. Recently I accepted that I'd never be able to fully use, let alone setup, my B&W 600 series 7.1 setup now that I live in Brooklyn, coming from Michigan tiny apartments here are a bit of an understatement. So I sold it all, downsized and upgraded to a pair of B&W 805 D3s. Purposely went with the smaller 2-way speakers to not annoy my neighbors. Everything came together while I was in the middle of moving between apartments so I picked up an interesting class D amp to use until I got settled and could order the Synergy. So I've been listening all week, music, movies, games, and wow what a difference. I am beyond happy with my purchase. Clarity, subtlety, detail is there, the bass is back like it was when I demoed the speakers but I didn't have to pay many thousands for the McIntosh amp they were connected to. I think the other amp was a bad pairing and didn't like when the speakers dropped below 8 ohms. There hasn't been a single thing I've thrown at the amp where I was disappointed. Now I want to show off my setup to friends. As a 2nd generation owner/enjoyer of your products I wanted to give my thanks for your continued work. There's so much music for me to rediscover now that the soul has returned.

Thank you,
Dan Downs

NIGHTFALL1970

Re: My first AVA amp, Synergy 240.
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2017, 11:42 pm »
So glad that you like the amp! I am on my eighth AVA purchase, and haven't even considered other brands in years.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: My first AVA amp, Synergy 240.
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2017, 01:47 am »
Good to hear you are enjoying your new addition. Have been buying from Frank & Co since he retooled my old Hafler DH200 into an Insight 10 years ago. That unit is still going strong, and have 2 systems based on primarily his gear. Better folks, and service you won't find. Equal maybe, but not better.  8)