'Request' Plitron transformers made and given (per other poster) Can request?

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
James Tanner:
Hi,
So in another post I read a new Bryston 4B³ buyer ASKED for and was told he would get the Plitron transformers in his new cubed.

Now I also read some are getting a Chinese transformer..
So can "I" request specifically only the Plitron transformer to be in a new Bryston 4B³? and HOW do I make the request?

Time is not important.. if I have to order it, and wait awhile... no problem.

Ps.. if I wanted to buy Chinese..  Clearly I do NOT.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
James Tanner:
Hi,
So in another post I read a new Bryston 4B³ buyer ASKED for and was told he would get the Plitron transformers in his new cubed.

Now I also read some are getting a Chinese transformer..
So can "I" request specifically only the Plitron transformer to be in a new Bryston 4B³? and HOW do I make the request?

Time is not important.. if I have to order it, and wait awhile... no problem.

Ps.. if I wanted to buy Chinese..  Clearly I do NOT.

Sure we can do that for you - just ask the dealer to request it when you order and have him or her send the order directly to me - jamestanner@bryston.com

james

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
Now I'm wondering  is the transformer used in the BCD3 a Chinese model... :scratch:

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
Now I'm wondering  is the transformer used in the BCD3 a Chinese model... :scratch:

LOL what's wrong with Chinese? It's not where it's made that matters, but how it's made.
They make a lot of quality audio products.

srb

What about capacitor C4 or resistor R7?  Not sure how you'll sleep at night.  ;)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
Hi Folks,

All our transformers are custom made for us to our specifications.  So depending on the unit we get the best performing units available from a variety of sources including North America, China, Italy, UK etc.

james

redbook

LOL what's wrong with Chinese? It's not where it's made that matters, but how it's made.
They make a lot of quality audio products.
  Yes, I like Shanling...very impressed with this line of products. When it's their own I think they do a good job but if it's for other outside companies maybe not so much.   :lol:

redbook

What about capacitor C4 or resistor R7?  Not sure how you'll sleep at night.  ;)
...yeah those are the worst   LOL :icon_lol:

audiojem

James
Is there an up charge for requesting the plitron?
Thanks
AJ

Elizabeth

James
Thanks
AJ

From reading the above I would say definitely not. (though this may change if they get swamped with requests LOL)
The downside may be waiting for the amp to be made in cue.. Rather than one in stock or at the dealer.

Kw6

What is the Canadian retail price for the 4b3 with Piltron?

Kw6

I haven't audition one yet but I have been hearing this amp sounds warmer than previous  iterations?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
James
Thanks
AJ

No up-charge,

james

rob80b

If I'm not mistaken, Piltron have, besides their Canadian manufacturing facilities, global manufacturing in China for a quite a few years, they also offered a 20 year warranty on their transformers.  :thumb:

rob80b

rmurray

Hi Folks,

All our transformers are custom made for us to our specifications.  So depending on the unit we get the best performing units available from a variety of sources including North America, China, Italy, UK etc.

james
.... As long as  the units are to your specs I guess it doesn't matter where they are made. Do you check them for for specs as you  receive them ?

Kw6

Well I would want the one that's been getting the favorable reviews!  Haha

Only read one that said Anthem was richer in midrange. All other reviews said 4b3 was warm sounding with beautiful texture.

Elizabeth

I wonder if any folks who already bought a Cubed, discover they have brand x transformers, and now are annoyed and want Plitron transformers?

I would think a lot of folks could care less, and trust Bryston to do right by them, but at least some folks would want the Plitron once they find out various transformers are used.

I realize this is a non issue as far as most folks go. But for me, I would certainly prefer a North American part (or even a European part) over a Chinese made part.. in anything I buy.
(Plenty of folks in America have no job since some Chinese person took it. And yes it is true this is a political statement. Canada is not stealing American jobs.. US and Canada have a pretty even trade balance... :^)

rob80b

While we're on the topic of Bryston transformers and for those who may be interested in a little history.....ATC-Frost, another Canadian manufacturer also at one time supplied Bryston with custom transformers.

I posted these awhile back from two 3BSTs that I previously owned.

3BST dated from 1999

and another from 3BST from 2001

I've lots of made in China products that I really like but guess I'm like Elizabeth as Bryston is still synonymous with "Made in Canada" and in an amp the transformers play somewhat of a vital role.
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2017, 05:20 pm by rob80b »

PRELUDE

I wonder if any folks who already bought a Cubed, discover they have brand x transformers, and now are annoyed and want Plitron transformers?

I would think a lot of folks could care less, and trust Bryston to do right by them, but at least some folks would want the Plitron once they find out various transformers are used.

I realize this is a non issue as far as most folks go. But for me, I would certainly prefer a North American part (or even a European part) over a Chinese made part.. in anything I buy.
(Plenty of folks in America have no job since some Chinese person took it. And yes it is true this is a political statement. Canada is not stealing American jobs.. US and Canada have a pretty even trade balance... :^)