Spatial M3 turbos and room size?

Neworleanssooner

Spatial M3 turbos and room size?
« on: 14 Jun 2017, 01:34 am »
I have heard the Spatial's need a good bit of room to blossom.  Are the M3 turbos too much for an 11ft X 13ft X 8ft room?  I would be powering them with a Rogue Cronus Magnum II.

undertowogt1

Re: Spatial M3 turbos and room size?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2017, 02:10 am »
I have heard the Spatial's need a good bit of room to blossom.  Are the M3 turbos too much for an 11ft X 13ft X 8ft room?  I would be powering them with a Rogue Cronus Magnum II.

I have M3 Turbos S in a 11.5 wide  X  16 Long  X 7 High (basement). I keep them approx 5 feet from the back wall and 2 feet from the side wall. Before I bought a contacted Clayton and told him the dimensions, he said for sure go with the M3 and NOT the M4's. I am happy I did. I also wanted to future proof my speakers for when I get into a bigger room (maybe).

SFDude

Re: Spatial M3 turbos and room size?
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2017, 02:31 pm »
I have mine in a 12' x 13' x 9' room and they work fine. The soundstaging is not the best and that will likely be due to my laziness at optimizing the placement, which I'll get to one day. However, it has great dynamics and range and tonally great. When I get things dialed in on placement and room treatments, I am hoping for that next level.

-dave