Poll

How many members are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia Washington area?  Who's out there?

Yes, let's get together and share some love for Music, Equipment and Food!
22 (81.5%)
Yes, let's gather once in a while and show off our stuff!
5 (18.5%)
No, too much rain, I am NOT going out!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???

alexscotti

Re: PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???
« Reply #200 on: 27 Jun 2017, 09:23 pm »
I can come on 22, bringing Pavane.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #201 on: 27 Jun 2017, 11:22 pm »
I can make the 22nd also.  I will bring the Modwright.

Alan

Sonny

« Reply #202 on: 28 Jun 2017, 12:14 am »
I will have to find a sitter for my four year old son first.

This will be at Greg's?

In Seattle?

Thanks
Tuan

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #203 on: 28 Jun 2017, 03:51 am »
I will have to find a sitter for my four year old son first.

This will be at Greg's?

In Seattle?

Thanks
Tuan

Tuan,

Yes, this will be at my house which is in Bothell at the North end of Lake WA.

Anyone who needs the address shoot me a PM.

Greg

SFDude

« Reply #204 on: 28 Jun 2017, 04:17 am »
Jul 22nd or Aug 22nd?

I'm guessing Jul. :)

I'd love to come if I can make the date work and there's enough room for one more. Will be flying back the day before from work, so nothing set just yet.

-dave

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #205 on: 28 Jun 2017, 04:36 am »
Jul 22nd or Aug 22nd?

I'm guessing Jul. :)

I'd love to come if I can make the date work and there's enough room for one more. Will be flying back the day before from work, so nothing set just yet.

-dave

Dave,

you are more than welcome as always, when you can lock it down or not let us know.

Greg

alvin1118

• Industry Participant
« Reply #206 on: 28 Jun 2017, 07:54 am »
I see that DENAFRIPS Venus will have some good competitors this round !  :nono:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #207 on: 28 Jun 2017, 08:10 am »
Lol! Hi, Alvin.

This is shaping up to be a serious audiophile get together. It's better, I think, to have serious competition to better gauge each DAC's strengths and weaknesses.

It appears July 22nd is the big day. I'll be back home by this Thursday night, so I'll be able to follow up with you about shipping arrangements.

I'm looking forward to this.

Michael

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #208 on: 28 Jun 2017, 05:54 pm »
The July 22 date works for me.  Like I said, I'd be happy to bring my MP-D2 with the Mighty USAF 596 rectifier. It will be very interesting comparing with the Lampy, Denefrips, Metrum Pavane and whatever else shows up. :thumb: I'm definitely looking forward to hearing Michael's new Daedalus speakers. I'd bring my 18" waveguiide/15" woofer speakers but they're too frickin' big and heavy(150 lbs each).

mresseguie

« Reply #209 on: 28 Jun 2017, 06:25 pm »
The July 22 date works for me.  Like I said, I'd be happy to bring my MP-D2 with the Mighty USAF 596 rectifier. It will be very interesting comparing with the Lampy, Denefrips, Metrum Pavane and whatever else shows up. :thumb: I'm definitely looking forward to hearing Michael's new Daedalus speakers. I'd bring my 18" waveguiide/15" woofer speakers but they're too frickin' big and heavy(150 lbs each).

Rajacat,

You've got just over three weeks to build up your muscles.  :icon_twisted:  :weights: Bring the DAC. I want to hear it!

mresseguie

« Reply #210 on: 29 Jun 2017, 03:24 am »
Lou told me he shall begin breaking the Apollos in tomorrow. Hmm. Three weeks ought to be enough.  :thumb:

[Edit] BTW, I took the liberty of inviting Lou to the G2G on the 22nd. I figured he might enjoy it, and he could answer speaker questions to boot. As of this writing, he has not accepted nor declined. We shall see what develops.
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2017, 05:48 am by mresseguie »

JakeJ

« Reply #211 on: 29 Jun 2017, 04:15 am »
That's some kind of superb service from the designer/builder.  And let's not forget Alvin who is also puting some hours on the DENAFRIPS Venus for you (and us).

Let's see now...Michael is getting a new pair of speakers, new DAC, and just got a new Don Sachs preamp (although it is in Taiwan...SIGH)!  I guess we'll just have to march on with what we have. :bawl:  I thought the first Fisk Audio Follies was good, this next one is shaping up to be truly incredible!

I can hardly wait! :thumb:

mresseguie

« Reply #212 on: 29 Jun 2017, 05:52 am »
That's some kind of superb service from the designer/builder.  And let's not forget Alvin who is also puting some hours on the DENAFRIPS Venus for you (and us).

Let's see now...Michael is getting a new pair of speakers, new DAC, and just got a new Don Sachs preamp (although it is in Taiwan...SIGH)!  I guess we'll just have to march on with what we have. :bawl:  I thought the first Fisk Audio Follies was good, this next one is shaping up to be truly incredible!

I can hardly wait! :thumb:

Uh, just so you know....I paid my 2/3 down payment on Don's Kootenay 120 amp, but it won't be ready in time for our party.  8)

Zkidd

« Reply #213 on: 29 Jun 2017, 05:53 am »
Hi,
I am in Everett, and I have a friend who is Marysville. I wouldn't mind a get-together and I think he would like to come along as well. There are not too many of us left I think...

JakeJ

« Reply #214 on: 29 Jun 2017, 12:22 pm »
Thanks, Michael, I had read that in your other thread.  Once completed that will be one fine pre/power combo.  However, I'm guessing it's going to Taiwan?  How big is the suitcase you are putting the Apollos in? :jester:

mresseguie

« Reply #215 on: 30 Jun 2017, 05:02 pm »
Hi,
I am in Everett, and I have a friend who is Marysville. I wouldn't mind a get-together and I think he would like to come along as well. There are not too many of us left I think...

Hello, Zkidd!

Nice to meet you. I just saw your for sale add and Tubeburner's endorsement of your good character.  :thumb: I'll nudge Greg. He's hosting this, so it's his call. He's been tremendously busy lately, so please don't mistake his silence for disinterest. I just PMed Tubeburner and invited him to join us.

Regards,

Michael

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #216 on: 30 Jun 2017, 06:06 pm »
Hello, Zkidd!

Nice to meet you. I just saw your for sale add and Tubeburner's endorsement of your good character.  :thumb: I'll nudge Greg. He's hosting this, so it's his call. He's been tremendously busy lately, so please don't mistake his silence for disinterest. I just PMed Tubeburner and invited him to join us.

Regards,

Michael

Thank's Micheal,

Sorry for the delay. Yes, Iv'e been really buried the last few weeks and for some reason I no longer get notices when a post is made. This is even thou I have checked the "to be notified box" :scratch:.

Here's where we sit as of today. We have 8 people that have confirmed they are coming, we have 2 people Sonny (Tuan) and SFDude (Dave) that are planning on coming if they can make it work. Then we have Lou which I would guess is a maybe and perhaps Tubeburner. So, that's 8 for sure with a possibility of 12. The room is 600 square feet with 6 listening chairs and 2 chairs on the side wall. The small kitchen behind the seating is where everyone else will need to stand. Zkidd, you and your friend are welcome to come. I think we are going to have to draw the line after that since we could end up with 14 people and that's pretty tight.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

Greg

mresseguie

« Reply #217 on: 30 Jun 2017, 07:31 pm »
HI, Greg.

We could effectively double the sweet spot by using liberal amounts of Velcro. Staple Velcro pads to the ceiling and issue each participant a pair of denim shorts that have Velcro pads sewn onto them. Then, we simply attach 6 listeners to the ceiling by the seats of their pants/shorts. Problem solved!

I know. I'm brilliant.  8)

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #218 on: 30 Jun 2017, 07:31 pm »
  Hey guys sounds like fun. To bad I"m in NY love to be there. May I remind you that the DACs being used are set up the day before. Once unplugged some may need time to return to normal sonics. Ya wanna compare apples to apples.
  If there weren't so many I'd send you a AQUA La Scala to check out. Missing the fun sad me. :(

charles

JakeJ

« Reply #219 on: 1 Jul 2017, 01:49 am »
So I went back to the initiation of this G2G which was actually kicked off by AC member Tin_ear, whom we have not heard from since.  You out there Tin_ear?  See what you are responsible for? :lol:

Anyway I put together a list of members and the equipment offered up:

mresseguie - Daedalus Apollos & DENAFRIPS Venus DAC
Aldcoll - Modwright KWA 150 SE
JakeJ - Musical Paradise MP-D2 DAC NOS 5AR4 and JJ gold pin 6922 signal tubes, & Audio Experience A2 preamp
rajacat - Musical Paradise MP-D2 DAC NOS USAF 596 rectifier and ? signal tubes
Sonny - Schiit Jotunheim DAC
mca - Lampizator Atlantic or Vinnie Rossi LIO
alexcotti - Metrum Acoustics Pavane DAC

Pretty impressive list, eh?  I recommend we stick to using a Mac Mini for the source feeding the various DACs.  Greg has one and so do I.  As to cabling each of us might want to consider bringing what we need to connect the device we brought.  If anyone wants to bring thier reference music chime in and we'll figure out how to deal with that.  One possibility is to bring discs and burn that to mine or Greg's servers.  I'm opent to suggestions including bringing my CEC TL-51X transport.

Have a great Fouth of July gentlemen and see you on July 22nd!