• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
Re: Lets see your O.B. speakers....!
« Reply #280 on: 9 Jun 2017, 07:26 pm »

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #281 on: 9 Jun 2017, 07:29 pm »
Whatever software you're using to view them at home is probably smart enough to read the rotation meta-info in the jpg and auto-rotate it.  If you edit and re-save the pics in the correct orientation before you post them that MAY fix the problem.

Roscoe

Roscoe,

I use Photo Shop. The pictures that are laying down are ones I took with the camera held vertical. However, when I edit and save them in Photo Shop the orientation I'm seeing is correct. So not sure how to make it come out right here.

Ed,

Thanks. You should be getting close to posting pics of yours aye?

Mike

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #282 on: 9 Jun 2017, 07:32 pm »

Ron,

Your full size NX-Oticas look great.

Mike

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #283 on: 9 Jun 2017, 07:39 pm »
Ron,

Your full size NX-Oticas look great.

Mike

Thanks Mike!

Roscoe Primrose

• DC Audio DIY
« Reply #284 on: 9 Jun 2017, 08:26 pm »
Roscoe,

I use Photo Shop. The pictures that are laying down are ones I took with the camera held vertical. However, when I edit and save them in Photo Shop the orientation I'm seeing is correct. So not sure how to make it come out right here.

There's got to be an option somewhere in photoshop to save them with the proper rotation, take a look in the options...  Not sure which version you're running, this for CS6, in the File Handling Preferences:
Ignore Rotation Metadata: Many cameras embed rotation metadata (rotate the image 90 degrees upon opening, for example) in the image. Select this option, and Photoshop will ignore any image rotation metadata on the images shot in portrait (vertical) orientation.

You'll then have to rotate the vertical images when you first open them in photoshop (rotate the image, not the view), but they should display properly rotated anywhere after that.

Roscoe

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #285 on: 9 Jun 2017, 08:30 pm »
There's got to be an option somewhere in photoshop to save them with the proper rotation, take a look in the options...  Not sure which version you're running, this for CS6, in the File Handling Preferences:
You'll then have to rotate the vertical images when you first open them in photoshop (rotate the image, not the view), but they should display properly rotated anywhere after that.

Roscoe

Roscoe,

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

I'm using CS3

Mike

Didn't work. Couldn't find anything resembling the metadata options in preferences.  Tried rotating the canvas both CW and CCW. Neither one worked. Back to head scratching

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #286 on: 9 Jun 2017, 10:49 pm »
Mike I've found that if I upload at the same size they come off my camera, many will turn sideways. I think it has something to do with max file size and the site software tries to make it work somehow.

In my photo threads, I reduce photo file size by 25% and it has eliminated problems. Might give that a whirl.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #287 on: 9 Jun 2017, 11:16 pm »
Mike I've found that if I upload at the same size they come off my camera, many will turn sideways. I think it has something to do with max file size and the site software tries to make it work somehow.

In my photo threads, I reduce photo file size by 25% and it has eliminated problems. Might give that a whirl.

Peter,

Is that something you do when you upload the photo into the thread?

Mike

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #288 on: 9 Jun 2017, 11:34 pm »
I shrink 'em prior to upload in a little (and old) utility called ACDSee. Offers a choice to resize by pixel count or percentage. What I end up with is a full size file as it came from camera and an additional one that carries the same identifier with a 75% after it. That way I preserve the original resolution should I need it.

ebag4

« Reply #289 on: 10 Jun 2017, 02:23 am »
Mike, the last few photos I have uploaded have been sideways when placed in the thread, what I had to do was open the photo in the gallery and rotate with the control directly under the pic.  It looks odd in the gallery but correct in the thread.  I have only recently had to do this, I don't know if the difference is me or the site.  I have recently moved to an iPhone, that may be the difference.

Best,
Ed

ebag4

« Reply #290 on: 10 Jun 2017, 02:25 am »

Ron, those look fantastic , love the hickory.  Will we be seeing a review?

Best,
Ed

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #291 on: 19 Jun 2017, 05:08 am »
Got the sideways pic thing figured out and corrected in my earlier post. The issue is resolution/file size. I had originally saved the jpegs at max resolution. This caused them to display sideways. When I saved a copy at medium resolution the images display right side up.

Mike

Ric Schultz

« Reply #292 on: 19 Jun 2017, 06:50 pm »
Ron, those look fantastic , love the hickory.  Will we be seeing a review?

Best,
Ed

Ron,
Now you need to upgrade all the xover parts to much better ones.....will just blow your mind.....as in: 12 gauge Jantzen wax copper foil coils, Clarity Cap CMR caps bypassed by copper foil Jupiter caps, Neotech cryoed wire or VH Audio wire, Path Audio or Dueland resistors.........super big improvement.  You have no idea what these speakers can sound like unless you have the best xover parts.

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #293 on: 19 Jun 2017, 08:41 pm »
Ron,
Now you need to upgrade all the xover parts to much better ones.....will just blow your mind.....as in: 12 gauge Jantzen wax copper foil coils, Clarity Cap CMR caps bypassed by copper foil Jupiter caps, Neotech cryoed wire or VH Audio wire, Path Audio or Dueland resistors.........super big improvement.  You have no idea what these speakers can sound like unless you have the best xover parts.

Ric, Have you heard these speakers yet? You may not have any idea either. I am pretty sure his crossover parts are easily as good as others that you have mentioned. 

nicoch

« Reply #294 on: 19 Jun 2017, 09:47 pm »
Ron,

you are 100% right

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #295 on: 19 Jun 2017, 09:54 pm »
Yeah Danny quit throwing shade and start throwing some cryo'd parts on those bad boys.

Btw, are audiophile cables considered wall art now, or are my eyes deceiving me?

Early B.

« Reply #296 on: 19 Jun 2017, 10:42 pm »
Ron,

Any speaker will sound better with these parts, but I'd hate to price all of that. For the money it would take to re-build the crossovers, he could probably buy a second system.

matevana

« Reply #297 on: 20 Jun 2017, 02:14 pm »
Btw, are audiophile cables considered wall art now, or are my eyes deceiving me?

You would be correct!

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #298 on: 20 Jun 2017, 03:21 pm »
It's probably not that they are wall art. Ron is a reviewer. His site is NewRecordDay. Looks like he keeps a bunch of different types and lengths of cables handy for different pieces of equipment he is evaluating.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #299 on: 20 Jun 2017, 05:00 pm »
Usable art