« Reply #2120 on: 24 Jun 2017, 06:19 pm »
Sorry, yes mine are PDF's

Mine are PDFs, as well (the booklets).  What I get is this:

..followed by this:

Marius

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #2121 on: 24 Jun 2017, 07:04 pm »
question about the new "Missing releases":
Are these missing albums, not yet indexed in the Bryston DB, but present in ones library, or are these albums found on the internet (and if yes, where: MusickBrainz? Amazon)?

If the latter, how come we can click play. Nothing happens in my setup doing so, but even so, i think that shouldn't be n option? (being able to play albums not there..) Or is it supposed to be some kind of Spotify/Tidal service?

Cheers,
Marius
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2017, 06:16 am by Marius »

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2122 on: 25 Jun 2017, 05:56 am »
The booklets feature was broken from modifying a function that handles the window that displays it, it'll be fixed in the next testing build.  Both PDF's and musicbrainz jpg booklets are both effected.

Missing albums and singles are derived from musicbrainz, however could be in accurate simply because the method of comparing your collection to musicbrainz is super basic and needs refining.  We also haven't implemented anyway automatic way of checking for new data (ie new albums).  The non functional buttons are there simply because its easier to copy existing HTML and we intend to implement those menu's.

Currently we are working on comparing missing albums to Tidals database and enabling preview mode.  If you have a tidal account setup with the bdp, it will play back full tracks in lossless and if you don't have a tidal account, it'll playback the first 30 seconds in 320kps mp3.

I realized a new test build was suppose to have been released Friday, but my work PC blue screened late Friday afternoon and I took it as sign to go home.

Mondays release should see some fixes, as noted before booklets, a couple of other things and some integrated tidal support in media players artist view.

Cheers
Chris

Krutsch

« Reply #2123 on: 25 Jun 2017, 04:45 pm »
The booklets feature was broken from modifying a function that handles the window that displays it, it'll be fixed in the next testing build.  Both PDF's and musicbrainz jpg booklets are both effected.

Missing albums and singles are derived from musicbrainz, however could be in accurate simply because the method of comparing your collection to musicbrainz is super basic and needs refining.  We also haven't implemented anyway automatic way of checking for new data (ie new albums).  The non functional buttons are there simply because its easier to copy existing HTML and we intend to implement those menu's.

Currently we are working on comparing missing albums to Tidals database and enabling preview mode.  If you have a tidal account setup with the bdp, it will play back full tracks in lossless and if you don't have a tidal account, it'll playback the first 30 seconds in 320kps mp3.

I realized a new test build was suppose to have been released Friday, but my work PC blue screened late Friday afternoon and I took it as sign to go home.

Mondays release should see some fixes, as noted before booklets, a couple of other things and some integrated tidal support in media players artist view.

Cheers
Chris

All really great stuff.

Any chance we can see a fix for the BACK button in the TIDAL screen?

Marius

« Reply #2124 on: 26 Jun 2017, 03:35 pm »

Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris,

a notion of another kind: the term Missing Albums/Missing Singles has a connotation of need to collect all of a certain artist.
If at all necessary, wouldn't that only be true for a small number of artists? Wouldn't it be just a bit more relaxed to change that into Other Releases? Clickable as you say for a preview, browsable through the various offered online services.

But essentially no need to complete or feel incompetent or left out because of an incomplete library ;)

Just a thought,
Cheers,
Marius

Marius

« Reply #2125 on: 26 Jun 2017, 03:45 pm »

Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris,

As i understand it, all .pdf files are displayed in the interface. It seems it doesn't really matter how they are called? Booklet, leaflet, folder, Tracks, etc etc, case insensitive, all pdf files are clickable in Artist view below the 3 ... 's.

I have more than a few booklets, that are scanned into separate .jpg files, stored in a dedicated Booklet folder. Would it in any way be possible to display these too? Of course i could drop all .jpg's in the Album folder but that would mess the library up unwantedly. A separate folder with jpg's is so much tidier.

btw, this is a great feature, also wanted in the Album/default view #fingerscrossed

Cheers,
Marius

Gerard

« Reply #2126 on: 26 Jun 2017, 08:29 pm »
I have a problem using the MM program with Safari (newest iOS 10.3.2) in my Iphone 6 and Ipad. The firmware in my BDP-2 is:
S2.34 2017-06-20
Build: Manic Moose
MPD: 0.18.21 NEWS
Kernel: 3.16-0.bpo.2-486

After the initial screen the app is not responding any more. Previously it functions better (although not perfect) with previous MM versions.
Is this version of MM not compatible with Safari? Because MPoD is not updated anymore (my preferred app until now!) I would like to try the MM app.
Help appreciated!
Greetings, Gerard

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2127 on: 27 Jun 2017, 12:57 am »
Hi Gerard,

We regularly test the firmware with iPhone, iPad and android; currently havn't had any issues. Has the IP address assigned to your bdp changed?  You can always check my.bryston.com of mybryston.com to see if your BDP and its current address.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2128 on: 27 Jun 2017, 01:00 am »
I've been concentrating on one view (the artist view) as a sort of development environment to avoid changing things in multiple places.  Once the artist view is done or reasonably done I intend to focus on the default view followed by dashboard v2.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #2129 on: 27 Jun 2017, 03:03 pm »
I've been concentrating on one view (the artist view) as a sort of development environment to avoid changing things in multiple places.  Once the artist view is done or reasonably done I intend to focus on the default view followed by dashboard v2.

Cheers
Chris

Cool, and you've done well! Pdf's are showing (again) (albeit no auto orientation...) . Very nice and responsive, even on my BDP1 and old macbook pro 17".

Could you make the window-size adjustable and moveable? As it is is is very large and fixed on the screen obscuring all other screen estate?

Thanks Chris,
Marius

Norton

« Reply #2130 on: 28 Jun 2017, 07:16 pm »
deleted.

Krutsch

« Reply #2131 on: 29 Jun 2017, 12:16 am »
Nice work on the booklets display ... it's perfect, for my taste anyway. Since Marius doesn't like it, I suppose that means it's going to change  :nono:

And, I like the sort-by-year change in the Artist view.

Getting better with each release...

Krutsch

« Reply #2132 on: 29 Jun 2017, 12:21 am »
Of course, I have to ask for *something* after praising the latest BETA iteration.  :thumb:

See the image below; any chance we can see the Playlists in the Default View sorted lexicographically, instead of how the underlying linux filesystem does?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2133 on: 29 Jun 2017, 12:33 am »

Could you make the window-size adjustable and moveable? As it is is is very large and fixed on the screen obscuring all other screen estate?

Thanks Chris,
Marius

I'll see about making them resizeable, the width anyways.  I've discussed doing a layered multi window view with my colleagues while developing dashboard v2 was in full swing; it was frowned upon.  There was a worry that it would make the interface a bit daunting and possibly intimating, so we now have a one window at a time philosophy.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2134 on: 29 Jun 2017, 12:36 am »

See the image below; any chance we can see the Playlists in the Default View sorted lexicographically, instead of how the underlying linux filesystem does?

To be honest I don't think I have ever noticed this, I don't really use playlists.  I'll.try to remember to correct this.

Marius

« Reply #2135 on: 29 Jun 2017, 06:13 am »
Nice work on the booklets display ... it's perfect, for my taste anyway. Since Marius doesn't like it, I suppose that means it's going to change  :nono:

Hi Ken,

which words exactly did you take for my disliking? Just curious...

Cool, and you've done well! Pdf's are showing (again) (albeit no auto orientation...) . Very nice and responsive, even on my BDP1 and old macbook pro 17".

btw, this is a great feature, also wanted in the Album/default view #fingerscrossed

Marius

« Reply #2136 on: 29 Jun 2017, 06:18 am »
I'll see about making them resizeable, the width anyways.  I've discussed doing a layered multi window view with my colleagues while developing dashboard v2 was in full swing; it was frowned upon.  There was a worry that it would make the interface a bit daunting and possibly intimating, so we now have a one window at a time philosophy.

Cool Chris, hope you can do it. Would be very nice to be able to move the window around and re-position it on the screen. Never fear the daunting. Since we're in beta, we could always try couldn't we? If it intimidates too much, it's easy enough to revert to the one window philosophy ?

Anyways, thanks!
Marius
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2017, 01:32 pm by Marius »

Norton

« Reply #2137 on: 29 Jun 2017, 08:47 am »
I bought an ex-dem BDP-1 a few months ago.  To date Bryston DB has been disabled.  I am using it with a network share of approx 1tb music comprised of 5000 "songs" (in reality mainly orchestral classical movements, many in hi res incliding DXD and DSD 5.6).

Will the BDP-1 cope with the DB turned on?  I don't want to trigger something that will require a re-flash, but at the same time would like to get full benefits of MM.   Any recommended options if enabled?  I'm currently on S2.34 2017-06-2

Also in a lay person's  terms what is the "Bryston API" in the testing build and is it BDP-1 compatible?

Thanks.

Marius

« Reply #2138 on: 29 Jun 2017, 01:32 pm »
I bought an ex-dem BDP-1 a few months ago.  To date Bryston DB has been disabled.  I am using it with a network share of approx 1tb music comprised of 5000 "songs" (in reality mainly orchestral classical movements, many in hi res incliding DXD and DSD 5.6).

Will the BDP-1 cope with the DB turned on?  I don't want to trigger something that will require a re-flash, but at the same time would like to get full benefits of MM.   Any recommended options if enabled?  I'm currently on S2.34 2017-06-2

Also in a lay person's  terms what is the "Bryston API" in the testing build and is it BDP-1 compatible?

Thanks.

HI Norton,

No issues with the Bryston Api on the BDP1 here, it seems to be necessary for several of the latest features built into MM beta builds. Also, i wouldn't expect any issues with the 5000 or so tracks. DXD and DSD are a different matter though. Depending on the DAC you're using. Not sure if the BDP1 plays them in the first place, but it wouldn't require any sort of refresh to revert. Just enable Bryston DB and let the BDP1 sort music into the DB. If it works alright, you're set and ready. If it doesn't, just disable the DB again and reset. Done that many times now during testing, and never required anything more than a reboot..

Cheers,
Marius

Gerard

« Reply #2139 on: 29 Jun 2017, 04:43 pm »
Hi Gerard,

We regularly test the firmware with iPhone, iPad and android; currently havn't had any issues. Has the IP address assigned to your bdp changed?  You can always check my.bryston.com of mybryston.com to see if your BDP and its current address.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks Chris.
After checking my system following your suggestions Safari on my iPad and Iphone still do not work. Screen comes up OK but then it does not responds anymore. Is the version of MDP (0.18.21) i use relevant? I only use one USB drive directly on my BDP-2 for my music library and use no NAS for playing or other streaming. Do you have further advise?
Regards, Gerard