Alan Maher Designs - Reference II Power Filter

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
Re: Alan Maher Designs - Reference II Power Filter
« Reply #20 on: 21 Apr 2009, 01:03 pm »
Update: Reference II filters ready to ship.

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #21 on: 25 Apr 2009, 12:06 pm »
Sherod

How is the Reference II developing?

sherod

« Reply #22 on: 25 Apr 2009, 02:26 pm »
Brief note on end of day 7.

1) Darkness gone.
 2) Sound beginning to open up much better.
 3) Tonal hues forming nicely.
 4) Musical instrument colors becoming more obvious and distinct
 5) Soundstage enlarging and 3-D still excellent
 6) Subtle nuances of details emerging
 7) Did I say darkness was gone now? Whew!
 8) So far, so good. I'm anxious for day 10-12 evaluation.
 9) noise floor much lower with less grain. Sound is much smoother.

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #23 on: 25 Apr 2009, 02:35 pm »
Sherod

What you hearing will magnify x2/x3 when 2 or 3 filters are added throughout the home.  The Reference II gels beautifully with our new Quantum and upcoming Infinity system.

I look forward to the upcoming day 10-12 notes.  aa

sherod

« Reply #24 on: 25 Apr 2009, 02:54 pm »
Alan,
  I currently have 4 of the standard PE in my home along with this Reference II, so it's getting there, slowly but surely. The lone Reference II has certainly added a substantial improvement to the overall painting; Colors, timbre, tonality, lower and mid-bass impact, etc. Not bad for just going over day 7 with the Reference II.  :wink:

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #25 on: 25 Apr 2009, 04:05 pm »
The Quantum IEC should be your next AM designs investment.  The Q IEC is absolutely frightening at how it creates a realistic listening environment.

sherod

« Reply #26 on: 25 Apr 2009, 04:22 pm »
Alan,
  I want to get the full measure of this Reference II in my system. I will then consider the next phase of development which will include considering the Quantum iec. Hopefully will have a complete picture of everything by the time you get back from your Motley tour. Ya got me droolin'.  :drool:

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #27 on: 26 Apr 2009, 08:23 am »
I look forward to further discussion.

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #28 on: 30 Apr 2009, 11:43 am »
I am placing 1 more order for the Reference II's today before I take off, please reserve your order as soon as possible, the Reference II sells out quickly with advanced orders.

Email for more info: alanpmaher@alanmaherdesigns.com

sherod

« Reply #29 on: 1 May 2009, 03:57 am »
I thought I'd make a few comments regarding the further break-in of my Reference II. Some really strange things have been going on in the AC line these last few days with the Reference II. From about day 9 through day 11, I could hear the swings going on in the AC line that Alan has talked about. Prior to day 9, the sound was a little dark, but then the darkness went away and on day 10, it began to go almost in reverse to being overly light sounding. There were both good and bad things going on that caught my ears. Although the tone began to get more neutral, the soundstage began to become a bit recessed sounding, with instruments losing some of their body. And to make things worse, the volume seemed to drop off somewhat. Then near the end of day 10, the soundstage began to pull back up to a more normal position. Instruments got a little more normal in their body and 3-dimensionality, but my ears told me that something was still missing, that utter natural, breath-of-life, reach-out-and-touch-it palpability, the main thing I was really yearning for in spite of the other good things taking place. Day 11 came and went with minor, yet significant improvements. Then, something happened about two hours into day 12, which was about 9:00 P.M. for me. You've read where Alan and other owners of Power Enhancers have said, "Everything will click in"? Well, I heard it happen. In a split second, all sound coming from my speakers suddenly opened up dramatically, volume increased, instruments took on a wonderful 3-D body, soundstage expanded, and most importantly, that "breath of life" of music finally came to be. That yearned for palpability that makes everything sound just real. Hopefully the roller coaster ride is finished and the sound will only continue to get better through the next few weeks. So far, I'm a happy camper.  :D   Stay tuned.

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #30 on: 1 May 2009, 06:23 am »
The next evaluation should be day 16 and 20.  Things are right on track.  If you think this is cool wait until you try the Quantum IEC.

sherod

« Reply #31 on: 2 May 2009, 04:29 am »
I'm wondering where the Quantum iec would best fit into the system for me. I currently have my main system going series:

PE > Ref II > PE

The other PE is in the bedroom going to 2nd system.

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #32 on: 2 May 2009, 07:23 am »
The IEC filter plugs on the end of your favorite power cord, the best place to start is always the first component in the system with a detachable power cord.  The effect of Quantum is nothing short of amazing...

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #33 on: 5 May 2009, 09:28 am »
Update: Only a few Reference II filters left in stock.  The next time I will be offering the Reference II will be early July.