My opinion “after 1-year” with the IDA-16 & CDT-8 Pro

Mike K.

Based on a budget of $3K, and need for less equipment on my shelf, the IDA-16 & CDT-8 Pro was it “for me”.

My decision was “solely” based on reading many, many reviews (there were no dealers in my area that carried NuPrime) and if they were, chances are, they’d be auditioned on different speakers than my Chartwell LS6’s, which is moot/not apples to apples – not to mention the room acoustics factor.

After 1-year, I’m still thrilled & happy with my IDA-16 & CDT-8 Pro. This was further confirmed after hearing my LS6’s being powered with an approximate $4K, also an $8K Integrated Tube Amp. from a “well-known & respected” manufacture. Was it better than my NuPrime? YES, yes indeed it was. However, my far less expensive Nuprime provides me with approximately 80% +/- the sonic pleasure, but 100% with I don’t feel deprived/have that “gnawing” urge/need to upgrade, which IMO speaks hi-praise for NuPrime.

Thanks, NuPrime for making such great performance to cost equipment (BTW, I’m not affiliated with NuPrime at all – I’m just a music-loving man)

Samoyed

Re: My opinion “after 1-year” with the IDA-16 & CDT-8 Pro
« Reply #1 on: 9 Nov 2019, 04:19 am »
My cdt 8 pro is a very good transport, and my evolution DAC is a joy.

Samac

« Reply #2 on: 9 Nov 2019, 03:11 pm »
That’s great to hear, Mike K..

I’ve been enjoying my IDA-16 for more than 2 1/2 years. I have it paired with a Bluesound Node 2 and Sony UHP-H1 universal player. Upgrading to appreciable better sound will be a very expensive endeavor for me. But with the sound I’m getting with my set-up I’m in no hurry. :thumb:

Cheers,

Scott

kevb

« Reply #3 on: 9 Nov 2019, 03:24 pm »
My cdt 8 pro is a very good transport, and my evolution DAC is a joy.

I'll have to get the transport too.  I do miss having a CD spinner.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #4 on: 9 Nov 2019, 08:20 pm »
  IMHO a transport and DAC is the way to go for best sonic performance. Doing the streaming thing recently has reinforced the preference of a dedicated transport. Nice choice.

charles

Samoyed

« Reply #5 on: 9 Nov 2019, 11:52 pm »
I have an Innuous and love streaming. I like the transport but man, the sound and convenience of streaming....