SOLD -EMM LABS DAC2x--Owned less than 18 months, mint condition $8500 obo - SOLD

ketcham

• Industry Participant
For Sale, A DAC that needs no introduction on this forum:

EMM Labs DAC2x in perfect condition. Owned a little over a year and has performed flawlessly. This dac has burned in beautifully over the last 6 months taking my listening session to a new level of enjoyment.

Would consider $8500 under certain conditions.  Buyer covers shipping and Paypal fees.

I give this unit a 9/10 only because it is a little over a year old.  The physical condition is MINT.

The 2012 Computer Audiophile Product of the Year Runner up... "This $15,500 DAC blew me away with its wonderful sonics. At the time of review it was the best DAC I’d ever heard in my system. The DAC2X isn’t cheap, but I believe it’s a good value. Putting a price on the best sound one has ever heard is tough. " Chris C. Founder of Computeraudiophile.

Computer Audiophile - EMM Labs DAC2X Review

Key Features:

XDS1-generation MFAST™ technology for instant signal lock, jitter-free performance
XDS1-generation Meitner Digital Audio Translator (MDAT™) signal processing technology
XDS1-generation proprietary 5.6 MHz discrete dual differential MDAC™ converters
XDS1-generation reference power system
Exclusive aerospace-grade composite circuit boards
EMM OptiLink input provides DSD transfer from matching TSDX CD/SACD Transport
Remote-controllable polarity inversion performed in the digital domain
24bit-192kHz support on all PCM inputs including USB
DSD streaming over USB (DoP 1.0 specification)
Secondary USB port for future firmware upgrades
Serial port for wired remote control
Precision-machined massive aluminum chassis
Precision-machined infrared remote control
CE-compliant device

Power Supply:

Power factor corrected
Factory set to 100V or 115V or 230V, 50/60Hz
Power consumption: max. 50 W

Stereo Audio Outputs:

Balanced on XLR
Unbalanced on RCA

Digital Input Formats:

EMM OptiLink (CD/SACD from TSDX)
DSD streaming over USB (DoP 1.0 specification)
Up to 24bit, 192kHz on all PCM inputs
USB Class 2 Audio
AES/EBU XLR PCM
2x SPDIF Coax
2x SPDIF Toslink

Stereo Audio Outputs:

XLR 300 ohms balanced +15.4dBu, 4.6Vrms
RCA 150 ohms unbalanced +9.4dBu, 2.3Vrms

Smoke-free, pet-free environment.
The unit will be safely DOUBLE-BOXED and INSURED with lots of packing.

NOTE: Seller reserves the right not to sell to buyers with less than excellent feedback.

Buyer will pay for shipping including insurance. 3.5% fee will be added for Paypal U.S., 4% for Canadian Paypal. I wlll also take Cashier’s Checks, bank wire transfer or Money Order. I will ship out ASAP when funds clear (that’s up to 14 days for a Cashier’s Check). I have long had a Fedex account and get very reasonable rates.

Legitimate offers will be considered; low-ballers (>10%) will be politely ignored.

I will not ship outside of the US or Canada, so please do not ask.

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: 2 Aug 2014, 06:12 pm by ketcham »

ketcham

• Industry Participant
Bump. 

Looking into allnic h5000 dht phono stage. 

Stellar dac in perfect condition. 

New firmware upgrade will soon be available and is free.  Sonic improvement and increased sampling rates as been reported but not confirmed.

ketcham

• Industry Participant
Firmware upgrade is done and the improvement is not subtle, as others have posted over on computeraudiophile: 

"Firstly: all I really care for my system to do is to paralyze me on the couch, to make me feel I'm melting to the sound of music. Soundstage and all other fireworks are ok but ultimate it's just that feeling of melting, of weight of my body. I don't know what produces this and I don't really care.

I am getting more of that with the update. If I had to give a reason, I'd say it's the attack and decay of notes, which seems to give them more body, more something around them. In particular piano and female voices. There's more space and more freedom to the notes. Dare I say they added some reverb (ducking right now for I'm causing a shite storm)."

"I fully agree with kevalin: the sonic upgrade is quite significant. I have not tried PCM yet, but with DSD material perhaps the most noticeable difference is in the soundstage, which is wider, taller and deeper, with better layering and separation."

" Immediately after the update...the hollographic imaging, sound stage, richness and depth of the detail especially in the decay of instruments. "

DXD and 128 DSD firmware expected this fall.  This will be a free upgrade.

Email if interested.