BDP-2 + Bricasti M1 SE problem

Roberto135

BDP-2 + Bricasti M1 SE problem
« on: 23 Mar 2018, 09:34 am »
Hi, I added a new dac Bricasti M1 to my system. The problem that I find, is that every time the dac lock the BDP-2, I hear a small discharge in the speakers (say a glitch). It happens, for example, when I start a new compilation of various tracks from different CDs, when I pause and then resume play, but it does not happen if You play the tracks of the same CD entirely. I also noticed when I turn off and turn on the dac, if the BDP-2 is connected (AES / EBU or USB) I hear the glitch, while if I unplug the BDP-2, and then I turn on and off the dac, I do not hear any noise. And again, with the whole system on, if I connect the USB cable to the dac, I always feel the discharge.
Concluding, if I understood correctly, every time the dac lock and unlock the BDP-2, it emits a small discharge from the speakers, even when Bricasti volume is turn off.
Could it be that something should be change in the BDP-2 settings, or could it be an incompatibility between two electronics?

I hope I explained myself decently  :)

Many Thanks
Roberto

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BDP-2 + Bricasti M1 SE problem
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2018, 12:26 pm »
Hi Roberto

It sounds like the M1 DAC is 're-clocking' the signal each time you make a change and that is causing the click.

james'

Roberto135

« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2018, 12:59 pm »
Hi Roberto

It sounds like the M1 DAC is 're-clocking' the signal each time you make a change and that is causing the click.

james'

So could Bricasti have a defect? It just came out of the packaging...

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2018, 07:30 pm »
It sounds like the DAC isn't muting quickly enough between resolution changes, it may simply be a combination of the DAC not muting quickly enough (or how its muting) and how sensitive your system is.  DAC's generally mute there analog out between changes in samplerates to avoid clicks and pops between resolution changes.  The engineers that designs our DAC products tend to spend quite a bit of time coming up with the best possible solution relative to what the DAC chips, micro controller and other IC's are capable of.  About the only thing we could do with the BDP is force it to use a common sample rate as to avoid sample rate changes and this would compromise the bit perfect playback and possibly cause interruption in playback.

Hope the above helps,
Chris