SOLD: Job 225 stereo amp

genjamon

SOLD: Job 225 stereo amp
« on: 3 Aug 2015, 08:09 pm »

I have a Job 225 stereo amp that is a couple of years old.  It's one of the earlier production ones, but shipped after they resolved some of the grounding issues the very first batches were having with some customers.  I've had no issues, and used it as my main amp for quite a while.  It's been largely sitting on the side since I've shifted to a 4X more expensive SET tube amp last October.  I just can't justify keeping it around, although it's a really fast and resolving SS amp that can sound very organic as well with the right system synergy. 

It makes my Spatial M1 speakers really sing with a lot more control in the bass than my tube amp, and a lot of good stuff in midrange and high frequencies too.  It doesn't have the absolute magic of a good SET amp, but it's really amazing at what it does well.  This amp sent my Ncore 400's packing immediately, and I also ended up preferring it to the highly regarded Tube Research Labs Samson monoblocks in my system at the time.  This amp is no joke!  No, it's not an amazing "slaying all the giants in the world" amp.  But it definitely punches way above its price point and betters some truly high quality competition, especially with the right system synergy.  If your system is neutral to warm, or if your speakers take a bit of power to open them up, I think you'd find the Job amp to open them up quicker than most any other amp.  They excel at speed and articulation with a really low noise floor, without being bright or edgy.  If they're bright or edgy, they're revealing something else in your system causing that!  As my system has improved over the years in electronics quality and in reducing noise floor in power supply, this amp has just sounded better and better.

It has the upgraded Audio Magic fuse that everyone raves about - but I still have the original if you're not a believer in that.  I also have another aftermarket fuse that's better than the original, but not up to the Audio Magic quality.  I'll include all of those in the deal. 

I'd also be willing to provide a good quality Core Audio Technology Katana power cord for an extra $100 (they retail for $300).  This cable bested Signal and Pangea cords by a mile on the Job, and also bettered a Triode Wire Labs cable as well as a Pi Audio cable by a significant margin.  All of these comparisons were made on the Job itself, so I'm not just offering some random extra cable of mine.

Let me know if you might be interested.
« Last Edit: 6 Aug 2015, 02:12 pm by genjamon »