DSD256 Recording by FiveFour Productions

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
DSD256 Recording by FiveFour Productions
« on: 29 May 2013, 09:26 pm »
FiveFour Productions from Shaker Heights,Ohio is announcing a DSD256 recording from Boston Baroque for release in October 2013, in Stereo and MC under Linn Hybrid SACD label.
Five/Four Productions is very proud to announce the very first DSD256 recording in the world! This Boston Baroque recording used technology that samples at 11.2MHz/1 bit and was recorded in Stereo and Surround in the unparalleled acoustic of Mechanics Hall in Worcester, MA. Bravo to the entire team that made this possible. Well done!
http://www.recording.pro/

http://www.sa-cd.net/showthread/103673//y?page=first

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
Re: DSD256 Recording by FiveFour Productions
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2013, 10:02 pm »
Can't wait to drop that disc into the tray of my CD player! :wink:

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2013, 12:50 am »
Yes, this was announced a few weeks ago.  I know one of the founders, Grammy-winning Michael Bishop (he's been to the house, etc) and Five/Four is 20 min from my house.  I emailed Michael to ask if I could eval a snippet of the DSD256 in the Exasound E20.  Stay tuned.   8)

slingshot

« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2013, 10:51 pm »
I believe that Exasound E20 is the only consumer DAC that will play these DSD256 files.

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2013, 12:24 am »
I believe that Exasound E20 is the only consumer DAC that will play these DSD256 files.
Antelope announced their Zodiac Platinum, too.  There will be others soon.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 1 Jun 2013, 04:07 am »
Yes, this was announced a few weeks ago.  I know one of the founders, Grammy-winning Michael Bishop (he's been to the house, etc) and Five/Four is 20 min from my house.  I emailed Michael to ask if I could eval a snippet of the DSD256 in the Exasound E20.  Stay tuned.   8)
Great. Seems 5/4 is the new Telarc so.
Seems again 5/4 is the only company to record in DSD256 currently.