MBOW! Grills?

starkiller

MBOW! Grills?
« on: 29 Sep 2016, 10:32 pm »
Are grills available for this model??

gregcss

Re: MBOW! Grills?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2016, 12:06 am »
Crystal ball says: most probable. Did you ask Jim?

starkiller

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2016, 12:08 am »
no, have sent a few emails his way with no response so thought to see if anyone else knew...

gregcss

« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2016, 01:29 am »
It's been awhile since I seen a picture - are they the same size as the song surround 1's? Do you already have a pair and looking for new grills?

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2016, 02:16 am »
Any model built by Jim comes with magnetic grills. 

starkiller

« Reply #5 on: 1 Oct 2016, 05:06 am »
hmm, the guy i bought them from did not have the grills....wonder if i can buy a pair...

jsalk

« Reply #6 on: 1 Oct 2016, 12:46 pm »
When we first began building speakers, we did not offer grills.  Later, we offered them by request.  Finally, we decided that all speakers would ship with grills.

So a number of early speakers did not have built-in magnets.  Since the MBOW1 was a precursor to the CAOW1 and then the Songsurround I's, it may be that the speakers you purchased did not have magnets.  You can test this yourself by checking to see if there are magnets in the four corners of the front baffle.  If there are not, you would have to attach any grills by another means (Velcro tabs for example). 

Either way, grills would be available.

As for unanswered emails, what address did you use?  I am usually very good at responding to emails, but I don't recall ever receiving any on this topic.

- Jim

starkiller

« Reply #7 on: 1 Oct 2016, 06:57 pm »
i used the contact link on your web page...so, about how much would grills run then?

jsalk

« Reply #8 on: 2 Oct 2016, 02:30 pm »
They are $50 each.  Do you have magnets in the front baffle?

- Jim