New set-up

dex67

Re: New set-up
« Reply #20 on: 17 Sep 2014, 03:09 am »
i had a bunch of audiophile friends over and one of them is the distributor of the cables i'm currently suing as the long interconnects…he told me that those particular ones that i have between the pre and the mono blocks are not shilled and most probably are picking up some hum from the nearby power cords…well, i hope that's the cause…i have contacted the manufacturer and he's going to make me a 5.5m pair on shielded interconnects that hopefully will take away the last bit of hum present…

now, getting back to the sound…all 5 of the guys loved the sound…even with that little bit of hum, they agreed that the speakers sound great…:)

now, the other speakers we tried weren't too shabby…if anyone is interested i'll give more details about that via private messaging…:)

thank you for all of your suggestions!

Adrian

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #21 on: 17 Sep 2014, 03:31 am »
Hey Adrian, looking at those pictures I'd say the Nimbus could come out even farther into the room.  They don't need any boundary reinforcement, in fact being farther out will reduce that, and might help even out bass in-room even more.  And moving them out will grow the size of the soundstage. 

I know moving them isn't any fun, but I think it would be worthwhile.

dex67

« Reply #22 on: 23 Sep 2014, 02:06 pm »
problem solved! no more annoying hum!!! I put the new shielded interconnects in between the preamp and the monoblocks and everything is quiet like being inside a walnut! lol

Big Red Machine

« Reply #23 on: 23 Sep 2014, 02:25 pm »
problem solved! no more annoying hum!!! I put the new shielded interconnects in between the preamp and the monoblocks and everything is quiet like being inside a walnut! lol

Shazam!

Enjoy those rocking awesome speakers.

roscoeiii

« Reply #24 on: 23 Sep 2014, 03:22 pm »

Good to hear. Yeah, unshielded ICs that long are asking for interference...