SOLD: Resolution Audio CD-50, wonderful cdp with HDCD

timind

• permanent vacation
Ok, I'm selling my Resolution Audio CD-50. I've owned this cd player for more than ten years and have absolutely loved it. It has the smoothest, most analogue sound of any cd player I've heard, so much so that it allowed me to sell off my vinyl collection. With this player in my system, I never regretted that move.
This player is in good condition as the pics show. There are some scuffs on the top and a scratch on the display window. None of this is noticeable from the listening seat. The face of the unit is in very good condition.
As far as operations, it works well with one concern. If the player is cold the drawer may have trouble opening. If the cdp is left plugged in and in standby mode, which is the normal operation, this will never be an issue. It only happens if it has been unplugged or turned off via the on/off switch on the rear panel. Once it's warmed up, and it stays warm in standby, it's fine.
This player decodes HDCD and offers an analogue volume control. The volume control allows the player to be used directly in to an amp without a preamp.
Along with the player you'll receive two remote controls, a power cable and a spare laser assembly. I bought the laser assembly just in case the original laser failed.
I'm asking $425 for the CD-50 including paypal fees and CONUS shipping via UPS ground. I'm not sure what this player is worth but the original MSRP was $3300 way back when. If you have questions you can email me directly at tj.rhudy@gmail.com. I'd be happy to discuss this cd player.
The reason I'm selling this? I recently received a Resolution Audio Opus 21. :D

« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2015, 10:29 pm by timind »

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
Re: FS: Resolution Audio CD-50, wonderful cdp with HDCD
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2014, 11:41 pm »
I can attest to how great this unit sounds!
Have heard this in Tim's setup and it is very nice indeed.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2014, 12:07 am »
Thank you Bob, appreciate the endorsement.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2014, 11:03 pm »
Bump

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #4 on: 5 Dec 2014, 02:06 pm »
This is the only site I listed this cdp on. Thinking of moving it to ebay soon.