4.1 prism as center

SteveSatch

4.1 prism as center
« on: 10 Apr 2016, 09:09 pm »
How do these sound?  Would one match as a center for 4.0 drum left and right?  I may pick one up just to play with.  I imagine the speaker doesn't sound as good as a 4.0 drum as the prism never was popular.

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Re: 4.1 prism as center
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2016, 03:24 am »
I guess you saw this  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=120643.0  , but are your referring to the 4.1 Prism like this

or the special Center 4.1 Prism like this?

If this one, here is a good candidate, http://santamaria.craigslist.org/ele/5500310141.html    with the original packing, a man after my own heart. Surely for $150 you can always resell.

I have the Prism 3.0s in Teak. They have the little Fostex drivers but they really sound great, they seem to integrate very well with other nOrh speakers. I have used them as rears in HT, and have even fooled my friends using them as mains sitting next to Marble 9.0s for a demo. That merely shows how most people are clueless, but these little Prism 3.0s are good enough as mains i guess for 99% of the world. We are the audio 1% OR .1%  :)

What will your HT mains be again?

In my mind half the fun of a HT is to have an exotic/eclectic dedicated theater environment. As a center, this speaker would certainly fit with that approach whichever style you go with. Center has mostly voice and ambiance so not as much is demanded of the center.

I feel you would be very pleased with the 4.1s as a Center. Of course they would be much better than the Prism 3.0s so would match better with your nOrh mains speakers. I always wanted to try the 4.1 Teak myself but saved my money for the Marble speakers.

SteveSatch

« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2016, 03:50 am »
I was asking about the special 4.1 center as shown in your second picture as a match for my 4.0 marble left and right.  I have a 4.0 for the center too, but just wondered about the 4.1 prism just for fun.  I have made a deal with the guy in the craigslist ad.

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2016, 04:29 am »
Nice, let us know :)

SteveSatch

« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2016, 11:33 am »
Gonna pass and stick with 4.0 as center.  I didn't need it.
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2016, 06:02 pm by SteveSatch »