Vincent SV-236MK Giant Killer Hybrid! SOLD!

sjh500

Vincent SV-236MK Giant Killer Hybrid! SOLD!
« on: 17 Mar 2018, 08:33 pm »

This amplifier is the upgraded MK version not the original SV-236, this is the SV-236MK which is a massive difference in sound quality. Very powerful at 150 watts(first 10 watts are class A) and extremely musical hybrid amplifier with its 3 tube preamp and solid state amplifier section. Many great reviews on this particular model. Well taken care of and purchased from Audio Waves(dealer for Vincent) approximately 2 years ago. Actually very little use as we moved within a year of buying it and lost my listening room(reason for sale). I don’t know of any amplifier out there that can compete with this amplifier under $3,000 new that I have heard. This unit is in excellent condition with no marks or scratches that I could find. Anything that looks like a scratch or mark in the pictures is just lighting or dust.
This write up sums it up perfectly: Hot on the heels of its award-winning acclaim in the audiophile press, Vincent's SV-236 hybrid vacuum tube integrated amplifier is enhanced and upgraded as the new, more powerful SV-236 MKII. The MKII improves on the stellar performance of the original SV-236 by increasing the power delivery from 100 watts-per-channel at 8 ohms to 150-watts. Improvements in the power supply, including new voltage stabilization circuitry, contribute to the improved dynamics. Other enhancements include optimized circuit layout and the addition of premium parts in critical areas that improve tonal characteristics, including top-of-the-line German-made WIMA capacitors. The overall result is a sonic signature closer to a 100-percent vacuum tube design, but with all of the advantages of solid-state technology. Last, but certainly not least, the SV-236 MKII uses an upgraded, more robust chassis derived from the SV-234 integrated amp. "The SV-236MK brings real high-performance sound to the real-world audio enthusiast at a real-world price," reports Michael Fremer in the April 2009 issue of Stereophile. He calls it "ridiculously easy to recommend. It's the kind of component that gives me - and should give you - hope for the future of this great hobby." TAS"Editors' Choice" with "Almost Surround-like Imaging" The original SV-236 won the coveted "Editors' Choice Award" in The Absolute Sound magazine for 2008, 2007, and 2006. "Listeners will appreciate the Vincent's combination of deep, powerful, authoritative solid-state bass and tube-fueled delicacy, shimmering detail, and almost surround-like imaging," notes Barry Willis in the October 2008 issue. The Vincent SV-236 MKII demonstrates the ultimate in passion and elegance. Whether it's the smooth fluidity of a jazz combo, the hard driving rhythms of alternative rock or the subtle detail of a chamber orchestra, the SV236 MKII provides a generous soundstage with power and subtle detail perfect for any kind of music.

I am throwing in a Supra Lorad power cord at asking price. I bought these power cords on the advice of a very well known reviewer and they work very well. Original box is included although a little beat up it will be double boxed. Price is $950.00  I can be reached at 206-245-9666

« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2018, 11:05 pm by sjh500 »