Upgraded Off Ramp Impressions

audioengr

Re: Upgraded Off Ramp Impressions
« Reply #20 on: 11 Dec 2011, 09:58 pm »
Correct.  Juice Hi Fi and others have been doing this for computers for a long long time now.  Even some 3? years ago, a person that had essentially tried all the big buck and I mean big buck stuff out there was able to nail down this software with is system and the results were the greatest level of "anything" that he has ever heard.  I do know "audiophiles" including the designer of the majority of my own electronics is entirely against this sort of stuff, but if done correctly, and using the proper people in the know, it does do wonders.  My speakers use plate amps to drive the bass from 200hz on down and feature only a single band of parametric eq along with volume, and of course proper active integration into my mids/highs (coaxed and using a passive network), and this does a LOT in itself...so be it computer based or keeping things as modestly analog as possible, it REALLY helps to clean up the environment=terrible in most cases.  IMHO, 90% of what we hear is the speakers and the acoustical environment the speakers are in...having the very best speakers to one's ears along with as precise an acoustical environment for them is quintessential to say the very least.

As a side note, I REALLY want to try the Off Ramp:):):)!  I've been trying to find my way around with what this, what that, etc. for my digital feed to my pre-dac, and I couldn't help myself when I was on your website yesterday.  I find the pricing is becoming much more in line with the competition and I feel that's the point with "real" audio.  I would have no problem putting my pre-dac against "anything" out there, just as I would likely find myself hard pressed to find much of anything to better the Off Ramp.

Cheers!

P.S. You're in OR???  I'm on the coast in Newport.  Maybe I should bring my pre-dac out and have you give a listen with the Off-Ramp:)

We always enjoy visitors. You are welcome to come out.  There are a lot of lodging choices here and restaurants too.  We can help you with this.

We are located in Central Oregon about 25 miles west of Bend.  The resort is called Black Butte Ranch:

http://www.blackbutteranch.com

Steve N.

Audioexcels

« Reply #21 on: 14 Dec 2011, 01:57 am »
Just did a Google Maps and you are right next to Sisters.  Folks from N. Cali (Mendocino specifically) made a visit to Sisters this year, then came over to the coast to visit us.  They were so impressed with the experience out there that they immediately booked a campground slot for next summer:).  I will send you a pm.

Thanks Steve!

audioengr

« Reply #22 on: 14 Dec 2011, 03:29 am »
Just did a Google Maps and you are right next to Sisters.  Folks from N. Cali (Mendocino specifically) made a visit to Sisters this year, then came over to the coast to visit us.  They were so impressed with the experience out there that they immediately booked a campground slot for next summer:).  I will send you a pm.

Thanks Steve!

Its a special place.  No other place on earth quite like it.

Steve N.

audioengr

« Reply #23 on: 17 Dec 2011, 05:44 pm »
Hi Guys

Yesterday I was with my mate from Toowomba and we checked out the Stello, Audiophello and Off-Ramp. That is the exact order as far as performance goes - the Off-Ramp is in a different class compared to the Audiophello, just like the Audioiphello is in a different class compared to the Stello. I have some others coming over Sunday and will check it out again, however I will be very surprised it they don't find exactly the same thing.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks
Bill

Bill - was this the Audiophilleo or Audiophilleo 2?

Steve N.