Product Confusion

adhesiv

Product Confusion
« on: 5 Jul 2012, 07:32 am »
Steve,

I currently have a Transporter (source) and Metrum Octave (DAC).

Without going to a new DAC which product would offer the best improvement to the above setup?

Syncro-mesh?

Pace Car (Mode 1) with Ultraclock upgrade?

Something else?

Also on the different pages of your website you mention a Superclock4, Turboclock and Ultraclock...could you clarify which one is actually the "best" and why these clocks aren't an option on every product?

wisnon

Re: Product Confusion
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2012, 09:21 am »
The Pace Car is not sold anymore. S-Mesh is what you need. Only decision needed is which clock speed to set 44 or 96. You can only have 1. Most go for the 96 if they want to max out in Hires . ...44 for Redbook users.
« Last Edit: 5 Jul 2012, 10:02 pm by wisnon »

audioengr

Re: Product Confusion
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jul 2012, 06:01 pm »
Steve,

I currently have a Transporter (source) and Metrum Octave (DAC).

Without going to a new DAC which product would offer the best improvement to the above setup?

Syncro-mesh?

Pace Car (Mode 1) with Ultraclock upgrade?

Something else?

You could buy a used Pace-Car and use the word-clock input on the Transporter or get a new Synchro-Mesh.

Also on the different pages of your website you mention a Superclock4, Turboclock and Ultraclock...could you clarify which one is actually the "best" and why these clocks aren't an option on every product?

Turboclock is the best.  I dont offer Ultraclock or Superclock anymore.  The website is getting updated as we speak.

Turboclock is not an option on every product because: first it is a dual clock and Synchro-Mesh only need one clock.  Second, it is a price-point thing.  It would add too much cost to the Synchro-Mesh.

Steve N.