Latest Live Shows You've Been To...

Brettio

Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #1300 on: 19 May 2017, 03:09 am »
Last show was Silversun Pickups. A fun night!  Just got tickets for Matisyahu....looking forward to the show....and the contact high.

GregC

« Reply #1301 on: 19 May 2017, 09:41 pm »
I really like Yonder Mountain String Band. They're fantastic. I'd love to see them live!

I have seen many shows from many different bands and I think some bands are great in the studio while others shine live.  Yonder Mountain is better live than any recordings I have heard, so I highly recommend you see them live if possible.

Early B.

« Reply #1302 on: 19 May 2017, 09:51 pm »
Birds of Chicago. Awesome duo!

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1303 on: 30 May 2017, 07:59 pm »
Mumford and Sons and U2, The Joshua Tree 2017 Tour, Century Link Stadium, Seattle WA, May 14, 2017

ebag4

« Reply #1304 on: 30 May 2017, 11:23 pm »
Roger Waters Us+Them tour, Yum Center Louisville KY 5/28/17

Best,
Ed

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1305 on: 11 Jul 2017, 11:08 pm »
John Fogerty, Wynn Theater, Las Vegas NV, May 19, 2017

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1306 on: 11 Jul 2017, 11:12 pm »
Brian Wilson, Pet Sounds Tour, Laughlin NV, May 20, 2017

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1307 on: 11 Jul 2017, 11:23 pm »
The Doobie Brothers and Chicago, Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison CO, June 13, 2017

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #1308 on: 11 Jul 2017, 11:32 pm »
Old Dominion in Kitchener, Ontario 29 April 2017

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #1309 on: 13 Jul 2017, 12:32 pm »
Tedeschi Trucks Band’s Wheels of Soul Tour: Is this the best tour of the summer?

On Saturday we dragged Lester along with us to see the Tedeschi Trucks Band’s Wheels of Soul tour in Rochester, NY, a triple bill including The Wood Brothers and electric Hot Tuna, both of whom later took the stage to join the TTB during their set. The Wood Brothers helped out on Sweet Virginia and then Hot Tuna contributed to The Sky is Crying. Great stuff.

IMO The Wood Brothers put on the best show of the night, really ripped it up. Tedeschi sat in with them for “Never & Always". Hot Tuna was in really fine form as well.

The tour rolls on across the country and is highly recommended though Lester, "Mr. I-Don'ts-Plays-No-Rocks-And-Rolls", wasn't as enthusiastic as we were and wandered off in the middle of the TTB performance in search of I don't know what.

Heads-up Vinyl Lady. The tour is also playing Red Rocks.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1310 on: 13 Jul 2017, 01:30 pm »
Tedeschi Trucks Band’s Wheels of Soul Tour: Is this the best tour of the summer?

Heads-up Vinyl Lady. The tour is also playing Red Rocks.

KP, my Red Rocks concert friends and I have tickets in the VIP section. We will be next to the sound board between rows 12 and 20.

We saw them last year with North Mississippi All Stars and Los Lobos. Both Derek and Susan came out and played a song or two with each band and then NMAS and LL joined TTB toward the end of the TTB set. Incredible concert.

Back for more on July 29 :thumb:

rockadanny

« Reply #1311 on: 13 Jul 2017, 02:29 pm »
Friends/Neighbors of ours took us to a "jazz" club in Atlanta, Café 290. Terrific club. Enjoyable music, some not my cup of tea (disco), but some of it was thrilling even. However, except for one fusion tune all the rest were funk, R&B and a few disco. Not complaining (well, except for the disco tunes -  :evil:), just think it is funny what some people consider "jazz". Even my Brit pal is always talking about "jazz", when she is actually referring to blues. Whatever, its all good (except for the few disco songs, which everyone else loved  :banghead:).

zapper7

• Its time to have fun, its fun to have time
« Reply #1312 on: 13 Jul 2017, 02:52 pm »
Shawn Mendes, kind of a tinny bopper concert but that guy has a nice voice, plays guitar and keys, and knows how to motivate his crowd. Did a lot of acoustic songs which the young crowd still liked....interesting. Seems like a young John Mayer coming at it from the pop scene as opposed to the blues.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #1313 on: 7 Aug 2017, 02:43 am »
I know this doesn't really count, but I am watching the live webcast of night 13 in Phish's Baker's Dozen from MSG.

Like the previous 12 shows over the last few weeks the band is "En Fuego!!".   :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

13 shows and not a single song has been repeated!   :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Covers of Led Zeppelin, Cream, Boston, Radiohead, Tom Waits, Talking Heads, Bowie, Bob Marley, Stevie Wonder, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Fleet Foxes, Dylan, and many others across all of the shows.

Simply INCREDIBLE!!!

George

RPM123

« Reply #1314 on: 7 Aug 2017, 02:57 am »
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds at the Greek Theater, Berkeley, CA, in June.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1315 on: 8 Aug 2017, 09:18 pm »
The Moody Blues, 50th Anniversary of Days of Future Passed Tour, Edgefield Amphitheater, Troutdale OR, June 9

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1316 on: 8 Aug 2017, 09:21 pm »
Paul Simon, Spokane Arena, June 23

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1317 on: 8 Aug 2017, 09:22 pm »
Counting Crows, Spokane Arena, July 12

ptman

« Reply #1318 on: 8 Aug 2017, 10:06 pm »
Jason Isbell at the Peabody in St Louis, followed a week later by Lyle Lovett and his Large Band at the same venue.

Solid show by Jason with great songs and lyrics. Lyle played for almost 2.5 hours with his crew of outstanding musicians. Probably the 6th time I've seen him, and always an outstanding show.

Upcoming on August 18th...Jerry Douglas at a small St Louis venue. If you've not heard Jerry Douglas, he's one of the most prolific dobro players around. His newest album, which launches on the 18th, will take a bit of a jazz bent. Can't wait.

pocomo

« Reply #1319 on: 9 Aug 2017, 08:42 pm »
[Just discovered this thread, about 5 years in...]

Not my most recent show, but my wife and I took our two teens to see Elvis Costello outdoors in Shelburne VT (near Burlington) on July 23rd.   He's one of my favorites, and this show had all the makings of a great one but he's near the end of his tour and his voice was a bit ragged (as was his stage patter).    The kids didn't hate it, which is a pretty good outcome.