Woke up to find these at my door.

dragoonxp20

Woke up to find these at my door.
« on: 2 Jul 2013, 05:25 pm »
Seriously impressed. With just these 4 panels, everything just got so much better. Easily the best upgrade I've ever made to my system. Customer service was spectacular and I'm convinced that Bryan is some sort of wizard.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49095113/My%20Room/2013-07-02%2013.08.50.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49095113/My%20Room/2013-07-02%2013.09.14.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49095113/My%20Room/2013-07-02%2013.09.17.jpg

The only downside was that mounting in the corners without a tape measure was difficult. Also wasn't sure how to make the loops, having never hung a picture frame before. All seems to have worked out though.
Particularly helpful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjZxYRMxVDg

PDR

• May the best man win
Re: Woke up to find these at my door.
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2013, 07:21 pm »
Looks like your the owner of Dannys Yellow Vs ........NICE!

That being said........Dude!, you have Super Vs in your bedroom!!

I remember the changes that came about as I added treatments with my V series speakers.
It was quite impressive. The biggest improvement came with diffusion behind them on the front wall,
it opened up everything. If I were you that would be my next step, and loose the TV between.
 Congrats on the set-up.

Edit: I just clicked on your name......your only 20, VERY NICE!!, you have 30 yrs on me.

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jul 2013, 07:39 pm »
Beautiful installation!  I wish my college bedroom looked like that.   :thumb:

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #3 on: 2 Jul 2013, 09:59 pm »
Only 20. Explains why he doesn't have a tape measure. :wink:

Doc

dragoonxp20

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jul 2013, 01:55 am »
Looks like your the owner of Dannys Yellow Vs ........NICE!

That being said........Dude!, you have Super Vs in your bedroom!!

I remember the changes that came about as I added treatments with my V series speakers.
It was quite impressive. The biggest improvement came with diffusion behind them on the front wall,
it opened up everything. If I were you that would be my next step, and loose the TV between.
 Congrats on the set-up.

Edit: I just clicked on your name......your only 20, VERY NICE!!, you have 30 yrs on me.
Thanks for the compliments PDR and tf121682.

I think the most I can do at this point is keep treating the back wall and possibly the ceiling because unfortunately it is multipurpose (bedroom, computer setup, 2 channel listening room). Fortunately it's small enough that 1 242 panel treats both the 1st and 2nd reflections. Once I graduate and make it out of officer training school, I'll probably have more flexibility. I only have one year left to go.

Only 20. Explains why he doesn't have a tape measure. :wink:

Doc
My tape measure actually broke earlier this month. I was banking on being able to use my roommate's (He's a car guy with tons of tools), but I couldn't find it and didn't want to wait to install these new panels.

InfernoSTi

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jul 2013, 04:04 am »
Congrats!  Room treatments are very good...often much better than new equipment!

Best,
John

dragoonxp20

« Reply #6 on: 3 Jul 2013, 06:48 pm »
Put the TV on the ground out of curiosity and realized what I was missing in terms of soundstage depth. Fixed that 2d sound wall problem I was having. Looks like I'll need to save up for a projector or something. I wonder if putting diffusion products on the back of the tv would help.

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #7 on: 3 Jul 2013, 08:05 pm »
Putting, or getting a TV stand with wheels, and pushing the whole thing against the back wall
when listening to tunes would help.

Should try and place that glass desk somewhere besides in front of the speakers as well.

When I first built my Vs I had them in my living room till I could get a room made for them.
Open to one side, with a vaulted ceiling the sound was just incredible. I could hardly wait
till I could put them in their proper, built room. I knew it would sound even better than
the living room. The day came, I placed them in that empty room.....man I just about died.
They were so bad I couldnt even listen to them.....no kidding, I couldnt listen to them.
Added a couple of chairs, fireplace, absorption panels, bass traps, QRD behind them.....voila!
Better than they have ever sound.

This taught me just how important treatments are for a dedicated room. Void of all the
trinkets, plants, vases, furniture found in your typical living room.
Your bedroom is kinda like that, not really a living room, more like a dedicated listening space.
I think the panels for your room probably made a huge improvement, you just have to
tinker a bit more.......with that TV and desk moved when doing critical listening... :wink:

Perry

dragoonxp20

« Reply #8 on: 3 Jul 2013, 08:57 pm »
http://db.tt/7iXxONjZ

Stroke of genius just now. Kinda inconvenient for getting clothes but I think I can live with it. I just move the desk into the bathroom when I'm listening. :D

Alex Reynolds

• Industry Participant
  • Bringing Your Sound to Life
    • GIK Acoustics
« Reply #9 on: 4 Jul 2013, 09:03 pm »
Lookin good!

ADD

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 23 Aug 2013, 12:36 am »
A photo

of a pair of unpainted diffusers.
Hate this site.
Greg

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: 23 Aug 2013, 12:38 am »
I'm pretty sure you posted in the wrong circle.   :scratch:

Hate this site.
Greg
Uh, then don't come here.   :dunno:

sl_1800

« Reply #12 on: 18 Oct 2013, 12:10 am »
I have seen those speakers before!!  Had a pair of them myself for a while.