Historic Low Prices on Furutech Receptacles!

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: Historic Low Prices on Furutech Receptacles!
« Reply #20 on: 22 Dec 2015, 04:07 pm »
Hi Paul, I don't keep them in stock but would be happy to order them for you. I don't think I can burn-in the single-outlet GTX receptacle though, that alone is reason enough to go with the double. Burn-in will take a month or so using your system every day. Or, temporarily plug your fridge into it for a month, that would work.

genjamon

« Reply #21 on: 22 Dec 2015, 07:12 pm »
Gentleman,
I want to pull the trigger on one, but is the Rhodium one the way to go?  Most people seem to think so.  Like everyone, I like more detail, but I can't live with brightness.  I was thinking of getting the copper one, but it seems most people get the rhodium and have no problem.  I have a Line Magnetic 518 tube integrated with high efficiency speakers.

I run a Line Magnetic 518 with Daedalus speakers.  I now have Dave's power cords with the rhodium Furutech carbon plugs on all system components, and also all GTX rhodium duplex outlets for the system.  They are the pinnacle of refinement and allow you to hear your system components without any added sound, IMO.  They just get out of the way.  If you're hearing something bright after converting over, look to something else in your system as the cause.  It ain't the outlet... 

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #22 on: 23 Jan 2016, 05:46 pm »
I agree rhodium is the way to go, but some do like a bit of warmth, which the gold provides, also some are liking the gold for power amps.

« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2016, 05:26 pm by DaveC113 »

Folsom

« Reply #23 on: 23 Jan 2016, 06:10 pm »
I like mine so much I mentioned it in my "recommended parts" section for my DIY amplifier, as something that will help you fully attain the performance the amp can give.

werd

« Reply #24 on: 24 Jan 2016, 01:06 am »
If the cable male prongs are gold plated over copper it is not a bad idea to use the gold Furutech. It kind of keeps to the same sound structure of the cable and even amp IEC prongs (if they are gold too). It doesn't have to be that way though. I am currently using my rhodium for my amp but I prefer my gold. I don't think brighter means more detail,  just brighter.

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #25 on: 24 Jan 2016, 08:44 am »
I have all Furutech Gold/Copper IEC's, Binding Posts, and RCA Jacks on my tube amps and pre. Before they had all gold/brass connectors. I noticed a VERY nice improvement in clarity doing this.

bebop86

« Reply #26 on: 24 Jan 2016, 11:13 am »
hi- dave is the new GTX-D NFC (R)- On sale also- Have you had a chance to compare to the std, GTX rodium- thks-

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #27 on: 24 Jan 2016, 05:19 pm »
hi- dave is the new GTX-D NFC (R)- On sale also- Have you had a chance to compare to the std, GTX rodium- thks-

I have not tried the NFC, and being new, it's not on sale. Price is $260.

paul79, you might want to try some rhodium, you'll get more detail. I think it's fine to mix gold and rhodium plated parts to taste, never seen galvanic corrosion or anything be an issue... especially the FP-901 RCA jacks, those and all the AC components are great in rhodium imo.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #28 on: 22 Mar 2016, 06:07 pm »
UPDATE:

The new Furutech GTX NCF receptacles are here at Furutech USA!

Please let me know if you are interested, I'll be putting in an order shortly. As always, you get the best price possible PLUS free burn-in and shipping!

Early B.

« Reply #29 on: 22 Mar 2016, 06:17 pm »
UPDATE:

The new Furutech GTX NCF receptacles are here (due in this week) at Furutech USA!

Dave -- you're gonna compare the NCF to the Rhodium version and let us know your thoughts, right?

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #30 on: 22 Mar 2016, 06:21 pm »
Dave -- you're gonna compare the NCF to the Rhodium version and let us know your thoughts, right?

Yes, I have several sets of FI-50 NCF AC/IEC plugs on order and am waiting to see if anyone wants any of the GTX NCF before I place an order later this week.

To be absolutely clear, the NCF is only available in rhodium plating. The NCF (Nano Crystal Formula) parts use tourmaline powder for it's piezoelectric properties.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #31 on: 22 Mar 2016, 08:32 pm »

Wall Plate: $120  :roll: :lol:

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #32 on: 22 Mar 2016, 08:37 pm »
Wall Plate: $xxx  :roll: :lol:

That's what I thought at first! I had a hard time with the high prices of the GTX, FI-50, etc ...but the plate is something like inch thick powdercoated billet aluminum and the cover is stainless steel wrapped in carbon fiber. You only need one to supply your entire system. For the difference in sound quality I believe the GTX with wall plate and cover are well worth it. I think everyone who has tried these products has been happy they did without exception, so that's saying something. I believe you can trust Furutech to deliver on their claims, and they do make some high value affordable options as well.
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2016, 05:44 pm by DaveC113 »

hi5harry

« Reply #33 on: 22 Mar 2016, 11:51 pm »
Hi Dave , I would love one. I really appreciate the " burn in " offer also. My system is all tubes, so 200 hours just kills me. Thanks for the killer deal.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #34 on: 23 Mar 2016, 12:48 am »
Alright, I'll put the needle in my arm...again.

I sent you a message Dave.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #35 on: 23 Mar 2016, 03:05 pm »
Thanks guys! I look forward to see what you think....

Order will be placed end of this week... if anyone else is interested in this deal let me know, it's the cheapest Furutech allows me to sell the receptacles and adding burn in + shipping should make it the best deal available.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #36 on: 23 Mar 2016, 05:24 pm »
Hi Guys,

So I just got a call from Furutech that I've been reported by one of my competitors for selling below authorized cost. Wonder who that was?  :lol: :nono:  The truth is the sale was authorized when the thread was started but is now over and I did not receive any notifications that it is over. For those who want the GTX NCF receptacles I did not offer them below allowed cost and the deal stands. If anyone else is interested please let me know.

However, for all the other products I am currently selling them below the lowest cost allowed by Furutech and I will go through the thread and take down pricing information. I will still offer the best deal I possibly can, and like always I will burn-in all receptacles for free. To be honest, there isn't going to be a huge difference between the old and new prices, but the sale is OVER.

Please PM me or send me an email at dave@zenwaveaudio.com for more information on Furutech receptacles and other parts.

Regards,
Dave

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #37 on: 23 Mar 2016, 05:39 pm »
Welcome to the world of modern HiFi. It is such a joke anymore the way these dealers and modern day consumers operate. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the person that reported you isn't selling them for little more than cost. Just look at AudioGon. That place is full of people third partying dealer items as used or demo or this or that... Makes me sick to see what it has come to.

I am dealer for several items, and I can't sell any of it because of the competition and my insistence on integrity. Naive to think one won't undercut to make a sale. EVERYBODY is doing it, and that is just the way it is. There is retail, then there is "the street price" of which is determined by the consumer at this point.

To further, I got a call the other day, and the guy asked for pricing on a certain item. He then went on to say that he could get it elsewhere for such and such... I just hung up the phone.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #38 on: 23 Mar 2016, 05:54 pm »
Welcome to the world of modern HiFi. It is such a joke anymore the way these dealers and modern day consumers operate. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the person that reported you isn't selling them for little more than cost. Just look at AudioGon. That place is full of people third partying dealer items as used or demo or this or that... Makes me sick to see what it has come to.

I am dealer for several items, and I can't sell any of it because of the competition and my insistence on integrity. Naive to think one won't undercut to make a sale. EVERYBODY is doing it, and that is just the way it is. There is retail, then there is "the street price" of which is determined by the consumer at this point.

To further, I got a call the other day, and the guy asked for pricing on a certain item. He then went on to say that he could get it elsewhere for such and such... I just hung up the phone.

Yup, what's happening is official dealers are selling parts to other businesses for just over cost and they in-turn are selling them for less than the lowest authorized prices allowed by the brand.

I am actually happy Furutech takes this seriously, they make great products and it's not fair to them or to their honest dealers when others sell for below allowed costs.

I've actually decided not to carry certain products from other brands because of this issue.

The other issue is counterfeit and copy-cat products. Furutech's FI-50 stainless/carbon connectors are a great example. Other brands are making nearly identical (in looks) parts, and some cable companies are actually using them. The counterfeit business is a huge problem for many different industries and I hope this can be solved somehow, it funnels a lot of cash from the original designer and their dealers straight into criminal's hands.