FS: Mcintosh MC2500 Stereo Power Amplifier

Don Bocadillo

• In pursuit of excellence
FS: Mcintosh MC2500 Stereo Power Amplifier
« on: 24 Oct 2014, 04:07 am »
For your consideration is a McIntosh MC2500 500 watt Stereo Power Amplifier.

This unit is in great cosmetic and functional condition. All meters and lights are working as are all controls. This unit as many of you know is one of the most powerful stereo amplifiers ever built by McIntosh and was designed with industrial applications and professional use in mind. This unit was designed to be run at maximum or close to maximum output for extended periods of time, hence the dual cooling fans. Unlike it's predecessor the MC2300 this unit features PowerGuard and Sentry monitor, both useful features on an amplifier if this power. You would be hard pressed to find a speaker that this unit would not be able to drive with ease, it truly is a beast.

Weighing in at 129lbs and 150lbs for shipping this unit will be shipped in a new Audio Classics container by FedEx Freight strapped to a skid to ensure it's safe arrival. Please feel free to contact me so I can get a freight estimate for you. This unit also ships with an original McIntosh power cord and owners manual.

Asking $2400 + shipping. Add 3% for PayPal.

yioryos

Re: FS: Mcintosh MC2500 Stereo Power Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2014, 02:17 am »
Hi Don
What would be the shipping to Toronto.
Thanks
George

Don Bocadillo

« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2014, 02:35 am »
Hi George, let me check in the morning, would also consider meeting up if that works for you? Could meet half way, Erie PA perhaps...cheers? Paul.

Don Bocadillo

« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2014, 02:36 am »
I'm in Columbus, Ohio.

yioryos

« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2014, 03:32 am »
Paul
I appreciate your response,unfortunately I can,t make it down there due to work load at the moment.Let me know what ground shipping is ,simple economy no fuss .I noticed you got original box .Also would it be possible to send a few other pictures of different angles and rear,top sides to my email.
Much appreciated
Thanks
George

yioryos

« Reply #5 on: 2 Nov 2014, 05:51 pm »
Paul
Have you had a chance to get a shipping quote?
George

Don Bocadillo

« Reply #6 on: 4 Nov 2014, 02:55 am »
Hi George, Sorry about the delay!there are more pics of the unit on ebay. Regarding shipping the only real safe way to ship is on a pallet with a freight service as the unit weighs around 150lbs boxed which is the limit for ground services. I fear it would be prohibitively expensive. I will check tomorrow. What is your zip?

yioryos

« Reply #7 on: 5 Nov 2014, 03:32 am »
Hi Paul
My postal code is M6E 3A9 Toronto,Canada.
Thanks
George