emerald Physics and spatial @ RMAF

xero

emerald Physics and spatial @ RMAF
« on: 26 Oct 2010, 05:54 am »
Hello

did anyone here the 2 emerald physics rooms?  one with and one w/o the spatial computing software.   how did they sound?

thanks
xero

mick wolfe

Re: emerald Physics and spatial @ RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2014, 03:51 pm »
Hello

did anyone here the 2 emerald physics rooms?  one with and one w/o the spatial computing software.   how did they sound?

thanks
xero

I liked what I heard from both. Two of us have discussed doing an audition of the Spatial Hologram 1 or 2. I believe I'll eventually take advantage of the 45 day audition on the 2. ( 12" version) The 15" version is simply too big for either of my rooms. The caveat being, ( if returned ) there is a 10% restock fee, plus shipping costs of course. Still easily worth the risk on the strength of what I heard at RMAF. 

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2014, 04:08 pm »
   Just remember you heard a "system" designed as a whole. Very impressive for the money. Alone the speaker is worth a serious audition however sonically will vary with different systems. Have fun trying although expensive to do so.

charles

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2014, 05:58 pm »
Hello, Xero.

Although I did not attend RMAF, I did attend Axpona in Chicago this year. I don't recall if the 12" or 15" were being presented, but I was impressed by how good they sounded. Mind you, I had never heard open baffle speakers before. It was totally new to me. I liked the sound enough to consider buying a pair....until I realized they simply wouldn't fit either of my systems. It wasn't an issue of compatibility, size or how much space they occupied; it was that there was no way in Hell my wife would allow me to pull them so far out into either room.

Zapped by the Goddess of Esthetics!  :nono:

Michael

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2014, 08:06 pm »
They only need 3 feet, and they are way less deep than box speakers.  Measure from the back wall to the front of your current speakers - is it close to 3 feet?  I'd be willing to bet that it is....

mresseguie

« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2014, 08:30 pm »
LOL! Tyson, I'd be willing to bet you don't know my wife.  :nono:

Okay. I just measured. 23".

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 22 Oct 2014, 08:35 pm »

Zapped by the Goddess of Esthetics!  :nono:

Michael

There are basement/man-cave speakers and there are living room speakers...  :wink:

3' is bare minimum anyway, 5-6' is better.

mresseguie

« Reply #7 on: 22 Oct 2014, 08:44 pm »
Here's a pic of my family room's HT setup. The GR Research LGK speakers are temporary until I (some day!) finish assembling my DIY Satori driver speakers. Those two cabinets below the speakers stay put. The Speakers are 9' apart.

Tyson

« Reply #8 on: 22 Oct 2014, 08:47 pm »
LOL! Tyson, I'd be willing to bet you don't know my wife.  :nono:

Okay. I just measured. 23".

See, only 13 inches to go :P

Tyson

« Reply #9 on: 22 Oct 2014, 09:45 pm »
I heard them.  They were both much improved over last year at RMAF.

md92468

« Reply #10 on: 22 Oct 2014, 11:57 pm »
I liked what I heard from both. Two of us have discussed doing an audition of the Spatial Hologram 1 or 2. I believe I'll eventually take advantage of the 45 day audition on the 2. ( 12" version) The 15" version is simply too big for either of my rooms. The caveat being, ( if returned ) there is a 10% restock fee, plus shipping costs of course. Still easily worth the risk on the strength of what I heard at RMAF.

I actually preferred the Holograms...EP changed their house sound a bit, and it now sounds a bit too etched for my taste. The Holograms, on the other hand, were fluid and...well, beautifully spatial. ;) They also have more balls than I expected.

Had a chance to talk to Clayton Shaw for a while...he seems to be a really up front guy, for what that's worth, and he's obviously very good at what he does...I think the Holograms are my next purchase, once I raise the funds...