Sonneteer convert

dglseat

Sonneteer convert
« on: 10 Apr 2016, 11:08 am »
Just to say that I have stumbled into the Circle after 30+ years of HiFi listening!! Damn you Sonneteer!!
Thought it may have been Naim but then WHAM ( no not George and Andrew!) I bought a Campion from Ebay and it was everything I had experienced before and more.
So impressed I sold my Rega Elex R and then searched out a Byron CD player. Took a little while longer to knock out the Naim CD5X but boy it was subtely way ahead. Then madness descended and I thought well if the Campion is that good what will the Orton be like??? Lost control of my credit card and have hopefully secured a black orton at a great price from Mackenzie HiFi.
BUT is it possible to get the phone board from the Campion installed into the Orton???
I have traded a remote for the phono board!!
Cant justify a Sedley though.

ArcadiaAudio

• Industry Participant
  • US Director of Sales and Marketing for Aqua
    • Aqua acoustic quality
Re: Sonneteer convert
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2016, 02:35 pm »
Just to say that I have stumbled into the Circle after 30+ years of HiFi listening!! Damn you Sonneteer!!
Thought it may have been Naim but then WHAM ( no not George and Andrew!) I bought a Campion from Ebay and it was everything I had experienced before and more.
So impressed I sold my Rega Elex R and then searched out a Byron CD player. Took a little while longer to knock out the Naim CD5X but boy it was subtely way ahead. Then madness descended and I thought well if the Campion is that good what will the Orton be like??? Lost control of my credit card and have hopefully secured a black orton at a great price from Mackenzie HiFi.
BUT is it possible to get the phone board from the Campion installed into the Orton???
I have traded a remote for the phono board!!
Cant justify a Sedley though.

Congratulations on the purchase of an Orton, you're going to be VERY happy with it! You'll need to start saving for a Sedley as you can't add a phono board to an Orton (it will be worth the wait, the Sedley is superb!)  It still amazes me that Sonneteer flies under most peoples radar, even in the UK where their built! 

dglseat

« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2016, 11:47 pm »
Yes I am amazed as well. I only heard about them from other posts on hi fi sites where people were extolling their brilliance. So I took a gamble and think they are great!! Now to get my slightly temperamental Byron sorted!!

ArcadiaAudio

• Industry Participant
  • US Director of Sales and Marketing for Aqua
    • Aqua acoustic quality
« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2016, 10:39 pm »
Yes I am amazed as well. I only heard about them from other posts on hi fi sites where people were extolling their brilliance. So I took a gamble and think they are great!! Now to get my slightly temperamental Byron sorted!!

Yes, we're working hard 1 customer at a time on this side of the pond to introduce them to this wonderful company! 

haiderSonneteer

• Industry Participant
  • Managing Director and Founder at Sonneteer
    • Sonneteer, made in Britain since 1994
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 2016, 01:23 pm »
Welcome to our club and thank you for your comments. Music is our food and we would love everyone to enjoy it with us.

Haider