GT Audio Works GTA2 Planar/ ribbon hybrid speaker. Dont let the price fool you.

GT Audio Works

Watch this space for the updated GTA 2 ..pictures coming very soon..For those of you interested in a ribbon planar hybrid speaker may be unaware of the GTA2. Introductions are in order. My name is Greg Takesh I have been an avid audiophile/DIY speaker builder for the past 27 years. The GTA 2 is the culmination of many things I have learned thru all those years of hands on building and listening and observing why thing sound the way they do . I have always had an affinity for panel speakers having owned Acoustats, Quads, Magnepans, Sound labs and Stax. I have found each of these speakers had an appealing character yet I always was looking for the one that had it all. Aren't we all ?? I believe the GTA2 is a speaker that has the ability to deliver what any music lover is looking for. Some folks would dismiss these on their price alone. Believing a good performing speaker in this high priced audio world can not be had at such a level. The GTA2 is offered at such a reasonable price because I am a small operation with very little overhead. And I have no dealer network. This speaker is hand built by me for each individual customer.
The 44.5" full range planar and 46"ribbon tweeter drivers use high energy neodymiun magnet and are my own design and manufacture.
The mid bass uses 2 high quality 8" drivers in a sealed enclosure. The low bass is handled by an 8" 250 watt

powered ported woofer module for each channel. These 3 drivers are quality units sourced from Scandinavia.
My goal was to produce the most transparent, coherent ,dynamic, tonally accurate speaker that would look beautiful in any home.
 They are not small..few planars are. This size is necessary to produce a powerful, life size image in your listening space. I believe the tall slender aspect of the design complemented with hand rubbed oiled wood veneers will look beautiful in any home.
I understand purchasing a speaker is a very personal thing and not being able to hear them at a dealer is a large drawback.
But if you live within or are planning to be within a reasonable driving distance of my home Zip 07460 NJ.
 Please feel free to call me any day of the week to discuss the design or set up a listening appointment.
I am not a salesman..interested in buying or not , just bring your music or favorite component and spend some time.
I am glad to invite you to my home and do what I enjoy most , share music with others.   
Please go to my web site for further details  http://www.gtaudioworks.com/default.html
                                                                                                                                            Thanks,
                                                                                                                                             Greg
                                                                                                                                              GT Audio Works

« Last Edit: 9 Feb 2013, 01:50 pm by GT Audio Works »

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Hi Greg, from what I've read elsewhere, you've left out some important items that are included in your $3495 hybrids, a pair of subwoofers w/ 8" drivers!  :o When added to the hybrids, it makes for a more attractive priceline IMHO.  :thumb:

The box to the right of the right Hybrid wouldn't be the subwoofer, would it? Thanks. :)

Cheers,
Robin

GT Audio Works

Hi Greg, from what I've read elsewhere, you've left out some important items that are included in your $3495 hybrids, a pair of subwoofers w/ 8" drivers!  :o When added to the hybrids, it makes for a more attractive priceline IMHO.  :thumb:

The box to the right of the right Hybrid wouldn't be the subwoofer, would it? Thanks. :)

Cheers,
Robin
Hi Robin, I did neglect to give full details,, I figured I would refer folks to my web site. But maybe I should edit the post. Yes those are the powered subs that are included in the price. In the current design the subs fit right behind the main panels and are not seen from the listening position. As I say on my site..I don't like to refer to them a subs which gives the impression of an add on. These are designed from the beginning to be part of the whole system. I  refer to them as powered woofer modules.

satfrat

• Restricted
Hi Robin, I did neglect to give full details,, I figured I would refer folks to my web site. But maybe I should edit the post. Yes those are the powered subs that are included in the price. In the current design the subs fit right behind the main panels and are not seen from the listening position. As I say on my site..I don't like to refer to them a subs which gives the impression of an add on. These are designed from the beginning to be part of the whole system. I  refer to them as powered woofer modules.

Thanks for clearing that up Greg. I had actually looked at the powered subs as being totally separate of the panels. I also thought the boxes behind the panels were there for the panel's 2 midbass drivers while the stereo subwoofers were being placed elsewhere within the room.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

GT Audio Works

Thanks for clearing that up Greg. I had actually looked at the powered subs as being totally separate of the panels. I also thought the boxes behind the panels were there for the panel's 2 midbass drivers while the stereo subwoofers were being placed elsewhere within the room.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin
Yes that is true.. it is confusing to explain.. The main 6 foot tall panel has a planar magnetic driver and ribbon tweeter which sits atop two   8" mid bass drivers in a small shallow sealed enclosure. This assembly is driven by your amp.
 The  outboard sub woofers you see in the picture ( 1 for each channel included in the price) are not an add on feature and were designed from the beginning to be part of the whole system, they are self powered 8" 250w. They extend the response down to the mid to upper 20's.
The enclosures have been redesigned to be placed directly behind the main panels, right behind the shallow sealed enclosure that holds the two 8" mid bass drivers for a better visual look as they will not be seen from the listening position. Though you can put them where you like, if they sound better close to a wall, fine.  Or, behind furniture or a curtain to totally hide them for aesthetic reasons. This will work too.   It's my fault as I have not really addressed this in detail. My main intention for such an arrangement is to allow placement flexibility for the best sound or a compromise if need be with others in the household for aesthetic reasons....Greg

satfrat

• Restricted
Well that is why I asked the questions Greg. I think it's important that folks know exactly what they are getting for $3495 and in my mind, it's one hell of deal on a total loudspeaker system that covers a lot of bases. It's on my radar as things I want to hear that are within my driving distance to do so. One of these days,,,,,,,  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

GT Audio Works

Well that is why I asked the questions Greg. I think it's important that folks know exactly what they are getting for $3495 and in my mind, it's one hell of deal on a total loudspeaker system that covers a lot of bases. It's on my radar as things I want to hear that are within my driving distance to do so. One of these days,,,,,,,  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
[/quote Thanks

Thanks Robin,
 If you ever find yourself in this beautiful part of NJ..give me a call..and let me know  your drink of choice.....Greg

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
I thought that lake looked familiar, I rode past it dozens of times back in the 70s and 80s when I lived in Joisey.
That was on the way to High Point and a motorcycle dealership, The Sports Spot, in Kinnelon.
Can you check out your speakers and go bass fishing?

GT Audio Works

I thought that lake looked familiar, I rode past it dozens of times back in the 70s and 80s when I lived in Joisey.
That was on the way to High Point and a motorcycle dealership, The Sports Spot, in Kinnelon.
Can you check out your speakers and go bass fishing?
WOW... feels good to have electron flow at your fingertips again..13 days without power really sucked !
Catch'in up on my emails...Yes there is still a dealership there...Kosco Harley Davidson. If i turn up the music loud enough I can listen and fish at the same time ! Greg