Hello from Montreal

Gabikaze

Hello from Montreal
« on: 8 Oct 2017, 12:26 pm »
Hi everyone,

Stumbled on that forum while searching the web. Hope to get some insights and, in time, contribute to that forum.

A little info on me: I'm a sound professional that mostly work in post-production for tv. I'm used to sound-proofed rooms and relatively frequency flat and neutral sound systems.
Then I became friend with an audiophile coworker who introduced me to what I would call "technical subtleties". Like different power cables, power sockets, what you guys call interconnects, speaker cables, a CD deblurrer (takes out the static), and more esoteric stuff. They all made a difference, some subtle, some not. I also learned about the equipment interaction (matching?).

So here I am, on a new path to find what best suits my ears, taste, room and wallet. A long journey ahead it seems!

Greetings!
Gab

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello from Montreal
« Reply #1 on: 8 Oct 2017, 02:58 pm »
Welcome Gab :thumb:
To take vantage to live in a cold area I suggest you use a Single Ended Triode amp to warm your room and music w/a hi sensitivity speaker.

martyo

« Reply #2 on: 8 Oct 2017, 03:20 pm »
Welcome Gab.
 Recently celebrated my wife's 60th birthday in your exceptional city. Stayed in Old Montreal and explored on foot from there. The different neighborhoods, Mount Royal Park, the plateau, anywhere we went was a treat. While the architecture, food, and general atmosphere were all outstanding, the people were the greatest attraction. We plan to spend much more time there in the future.
Hope you find what you're looking for here an AudioCircle.

JakeJ

« Reply #3 on: 8 Oct 2017, 03:31 pm »
Hello and welcome to AC, Gabikaze!

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 8 Oct 2017, 04:42 pm »
Welcome!