Interesting Article in The Scientist on why Humans Respond to Music at all

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
  • VPE Aerospace Consulting, LLC - LDW Model 1
See:http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/48593/title/Understanding-the-Roots-of-Human-Musicality/&utm_campaign=NEWSLETTER_TS_The-Scientist-Daily_2016&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=44122546&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8HtNRdJvpbRtpyvj9J4vHCG8b94o6mZ6_U2rvrOfYVaDyr-Tw3XDLmUzY-yT44rgR676eR_g4yN7_pJ6DIpZQqzeQuiw&_hsmi=44122546/

daves

Don, I would wager that evolution would favor the audiophile and better ears.

How else could one decipher whether a polyrhythmic drum beat meant "come on over for a beer" rather than. "we are coming over to steal your women and kill you", or the tonal difference between a lion's guttural call to her wandering kids, or chastising others to tighten up the stalking pride on the hunt.

electricbear

However, as audiophiles we have taken things to the extreme. Not only can we discern if the lion is taking a drink, we can tell if he's drinking Desani or Evian.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
However, as audiophiles we have taken things to the extreme. Not only can we discern if the lion is taking a drink, we can tell if he's drinking Desani or Evian.
:green:

mjmsound

What?? What did you say, I can't hear you!!! OH, let me turn my music down! :duh: