NFL Football ('14-'15)

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: NFL Football ('14-'15)
« Reply #100 on: 21 Sep 2014, 10:35 pm »
John Fox is the reincarnation of Dan Reeves. Broncos can never have enough talent to overcome a coach who doesn't use  it well.

jackman

« Reply #101 on: 21 Sep 2014, 10:51 pm »
Fox may not be the best coach, but I don't know how it team can beat Seattle in a game where they literally are getting every call. Defensive backs are hanging on receivers all game in Denver can't buy a call.  Also, Russell just fumbled the ball on the goal line, it looked to me like Ware had the ball, and nothing for the blind guys with the stripes.

Freo-1

« Reply #102 on: 21 Sep 2014, 10:58 pm »
Another week where the betting line is not always matching up with results.  This week was difficult to predict.  Too many toss ups.

Well done to the Lions for beating the Packers.  The new coaching staff is making a difference.  I know its early, but the Packers look like they may have an off year. 

jackman

« Reply #103 on: 21 Sep 2014, 11:23 pm »
I'm pissed, I've got Sanders on my fantasy team and he was wide open on that last play.  Denver showed heart coming back against a good Seattle team. Good game.

Not sure who you s going to win this Danver- Seattle game but it was great to see Sherman burned on that two point conversion. It's always great to see that loud mouth punk shut up.  It's going into overtime and I'm enjoying this game. Denver just put 17 fourth quarter points on one of the best defenses in the game, on their home turf. Not many teams can do that.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #104 on: 21 Sep 2014, 11:48 pm »
Well. this is one time my hat is lookin pretty tasty.  Holy smokes what a late performance by Denver and in THAT stadium!  I hate those fans.  Go Denver!  I take it all back.  What a freakin performance and Seattle can't believe it.  I love it.  Come on, Denver, DO IT!

What an effort and up there in THAT stadium.  I got a lotta respect for Denver that I didn't have until the fourth quarter.  I think Denver took some of the lustre off Seattle.  I think Seattle's road just got bumpier tho their QB is pretty special.  Damn, what a last minute performance by Denver.  They get a lotta respect from me.  Arizona whupped San Francisco.  Me likes.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #105 on: 22 Sep 2014, 12:12 am »
Are you talking about the play where two Seattle defenders crashed through the line before the snap and we're not called for being offsides?  What th F were the refs looking at?  Really bad call. Relax, Seattle should win this one at home. What happened to them last week in sandiego?  We're you calling for a rebuild of the Seahawks on that day? I don't recall.
Don't believe I was and I was talkin about Denver.  But, that was then.  My hat, shoes, pants are all off for Denver's late performance today.  Man, they have a deeper tank than I thought they did.  I'm all respect, Jackman.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #106 on: 22 Sep 2014, 12:17 am »
Jeez, what gives? Denver LOST. They CHOKED. The defending World Champions BEAT them. :duh:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #107 on: 22 Sep 2014, 12:21 am »
Jerry, you funny.  Dunno who's playing tonite but I'm in a football frenzy after the game that just concluded.  Now, best be picking up all the popcorn all over my sofa and pop some more.  New Orleans lost today.  Sorry, ole bean.

barrows

• Industry Participant
« Reply #108 on: 22 Sep 2014, 01:34 am »
Jeez, what gives? Denver LOST. They CHOKED. The defending World Champions BEAT them. :duh:

You clearly do not know the meaning of the word "choked".  Denver played a great game, by forcing Seattle into OT at Seattle's place.  No one expected Denver to win this game.  Choking refers to a team losing it when they have the game in hand and it is theirs to win.  That was never the case for Denver in this game.  Now if the Broncos had won the coin toss... (clearly Seattle's defense was ready to choke after Denver scored 8 points with no timeouts and less than a minute to go in regulation)

jimdgoulding

« Reply #109 on: 22 Sep 2014, 01:36 am »
Good point, Barrows, and how do I wish.  I think Jerry was just being sarcastic.  And amusing.  Keep em coming, J.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #110 on: 22 Sep 2014, 01:43 am »
Good point, Barrows, and how do I wish.  I think Jerry was just being sarcastic.  And amusing.  Keep em coming, J.

Technically I was being facetious. But I appreciate that you get it.  :thumb:

barrows

• Industry Participant
« Reply #111 on: 22 Sep 2014, 01:44 am »
Oh, so sorry to misinterpret then!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #112 on: 22 Sep 2014, 03:34 am »
A couple notable performances for their utter ineptitude.  First, the NFL refs.  I've never seen so many missed calls, and so many stupid calls for ticky tac baloney.  I watched three games today and saw four helmet to helmet spears that weren't called, I assume because all of their attention was taken up calling stupid illegal contact penalties that do nothing but screw up the flow of the game.  I'm really sick of this penalty of the week reactionary ref'ing, indicative of how sick the league has become under Goodell.

The second is Carolina's performance against my Steelers tonight.  I love my team, but they won this one on the back of the Panthers pitiful play.  It's been a while since I've seen a team shoot itself in the foot in every facet of the game so completely.  Wow they played terrible.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #113 on: 28 Sep 2014, 04:56 am »
A week of home dogs, which means lay off the bets this week and just enjoy the games (my philosophy every week).  But we'll take a look at them anyway.

There are a couple of games that look interesting against the spread, and a few high confidence games to bet the money line on or pick in your suicide pool.  Nothing looks interesting in the under/over:

I finally lost a Thursday night pick, taking Washington by a point over the Giants.  Cousins sunk that boat with four interceptions that didn't fully describe how poorly he played.

Dallas is getting 3 points, but predictors have it New Orleans by 5, I'll say N.O. 30-24.  This is also a high confidence game with the Saints a likely winner against any NFC East team.
Tampa Bay is getting 7.5 points agains a shakey Steelers team, the Stillers will win outright, but by 24-20, take the points and the Bucs.

New England is a high confidence winner over KC, 24-21.
San Diego is a high confidence winner over Jacksonville, duh.  The only fun is predicting the score, 29-17 with the Chargers scoring a safety.
Detroit is another high confidence pick over the hapless Jets, 24-20.
And finally our last high confidence pick is Indy over Tennessee, another duh, so we'll predict the score at 27-20.

The rest are more or less right on the chaulk, with the points and over/under so close a match with Vegas and predictors it's best to lay off of these all together.
Green Bay over Chicago 27-26.  I don't see it, but that's what the numbers say, my least confident score.
Houston over Buffalo 21-20, another close game.
Another one point game, Baltimore over the Panthers 21-20.  All three of the above mentioned games are very shakey picks.
Miami over Oakland 21-17.
San Fran over the Eagles, giving them their first loss, 27-23.
Atlanta beating the Vikes 24-21.

Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, St. Louis, Arizona, and Seattle all have byes.  If any of these are your teams, take some extra time on Sunday to listen to some great music.
And did any of us pick Arizona as the only undefeated team after week four?  Not me for sure.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #114 on: 28 Sep 2014, 05:01 am »
Let, you crackin me up, dude.  Plus I, and we, I'm sure, appreciate all the info and color. 

Keep on truckin!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #115 on: 28 Sep 2014, 01:21 pm »
"I just wish somebody would tell me what Diddy Wa Diddy means."

"If you don't know by now lady, just let it be."

Mr. Natural visits the city

jimdgoulding

« Reply #116 on: 28 Sep 2014, 04:31 pm »
Well, da Saint's are not playing good defense and it's an away game in a stadium that will be fired up cause of "Jerry's girls" comeback last game.  Think I'll have to go with the home team on this one.  Interested to see if Romo can fire em up and remain consistent.  Does he ever?  Today?  :dunno: .  If not, their season is SOS.  Think the Eagles will take the conference anyway.

Freo-1

« Reply #117 on: 28 Sep 2014, 08:10 pm »
Anyone see the the Packers whooping up on the Bears today?  Jackman must be spewing.   :lol:

Happy to see the Lions beat the Jets today.  The Lions look much better than previous years, not stupid penalties, no big turnovers.  It's still early, but things are looking up for a change.

roscoeiii

« Reply #118 on: 28 Sep 2014, 08:18 pm »
Yeah, Jackman isn't the only one crushed by that Bears loss. And what a way to lose. Hate it when Bad Jay shows up at home against our biggest rivals.

Freo-1

« Reply #119 on: 28 Sep 2014, 08:24 pm »
What a comeback by the Bucs to get past the Steelers.  Amazing.