RMAF new stuff, new stuff.... (pics on page 2)

Andre2

Re: RMAF new stuff, new stuff....
« Reply #60 on: 19 Sep 2012, 06:26 pm »
I guess I will be booking my trip to RMAF so I can hear this beauty...  (are there any rooms left?)

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #61 on: 19 Sep 2012, 06:31 pm »
Orders can be taken right now. Looks like this will get kicked off in a big way. It sounds like (I still need to confirm) Serenity Acoustics will be willing to let the first six pairs go for half of retail to some select individuals willing to put these into some good systems and allow them to be heard. So there are some really good deals on the table.

New drivers from Peerless is on the water and should arrive in port about the same time that the longshoremen are planning their strike. First one thing then another. Other pieces involving the new kits are in place.

Ok, I guess I gotta sell my Super-V's and get ready for Super-7's! :)

DeeJayBump

« Reply #62 on: 19 Sep 2012, 06:38 pm »
Those look and sound (from the description) awesome. Hope to attend RMAF and listen to them.

sl_1800

« Reply #63 on: 19 Sep 2012, 06:42 pm »
Looks very cool!!

HT cOz

« Reply #64 on: 19 Sep 2012, 06:54 pm »
Yes, Ruben built the cabinets, but he has not heard them yet.  :lol:  Hey, Ruben does the best work. So why not.

So yes, these are American made speakers.

Congrats Ruben.  This couldn't of happened to a nicer guy!  :thumb:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #65 on: 19 Sep 2012, 06:54 pm »
Orders can be taken right now. Looks like this will get kicked off in a big way. It sounds like (I still need to confirm) Serenity Acoustics will be willing to let the first six pairs go for half of retail to some select individuals willing to put these into some good systems and allow them to be heard. So there are some really good deals on the table.

I'll try again.  Cost?

Danny Richie

« Reply #66 on: 19 Sep 2012, 07:11 pm »
I'll try again.  Cost?

Sorry about missing that one.

Retail on these are $19,995. a pair. But there is going to be an announcement on an in home dealer or show room arrangement that will allow some discounts on the retail price.

Compare these to the cost of any of the big name speakers in the cost no object ranges to mid five figure ranges and these are a bargain.   

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #67 on: 19 Sep 2012, 07:12 pm »
Sorry about missing that one.

Retail on these are $19,995. a pair. But there is going to be an announcement on an in home dealer or show room arrangement that will allow some discounts on the retail price.

Compare these to the cost of any of the big name speakers in the cost no object ranges to mid five figure ranges and these are a bargain.
Now seems like a good time then.  What do they cost?   :icon_lol:

When do we get to see the data on them?

Danny Richie

« Reply #68 on: 19 Sep 2012, 07:19 pm »
Now seems like a good time then.  What do they cost?   :icon_lol:

When do we get to see the data on them?

Huh?

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #69 on: 19 Sep 2012, 07:22 pm »
Huh?

But there is going to be an announcement on an in home dealer or show room arrangement that will allow some discounts on the retail price.

:thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #70 on: 19 Sep 2012, 07:31 pm »
Okay jtwrace, that is going to take some deeper explanation and I may start a new thread for that. Bare with me. This will be really good.

rockdrummer

« Reply #71 on: 19 Sep 2012, 07:38 pm »
Love that design, and can't wait to hear more about them. 

With the new kit designs in development, are any of them going to trump the Super V or is that still going to be the flagship GR kit?

Looking forward to hearing how dominant the Super 7's are going to be!

B

Skiman

« Reply #72 on: 19 Sep 2012, 07:41 pm »
Looking forward to hearing them at RMAF. Please, please have the ability to play our CDs this year. In fact, the ability to play attendees' SACDs and or DVD Audios would be even better. Heck, I've seen many bring their LPs to RMAF!

Now I know why Ruben has been delayed getting my LS center done.

Danny Richie

« Reply #73 on: 19 Sep 2012, 07:42 pm »
Love that design, and can't wait to hear more about them. 

With the new kit designs in development, are any of them going to trump the Super V or is that still going to be the flagship GR kit?

Looking forward to hearing how dominant the Super 7's are going to be!

B

The X-Otica kit will be VERY good. It will be more refined, and a little more accurate than the Super-V, but won't have the dynamics of the Super-V. I think I can keep the X-Otica kit below $2,000 too. So it will be less expensive. The Super-V will still be number 1 for fun factor alone. But it does cost more too.

Danny Richie

« Reply #74 on: 19 Sep 2012, 07:44 pm »
Looking forward to hearing them at RMAF. Please, please have the ability to play our CDs this year. In fact, the ability to play attendees' SACDs and or DVD Audios would be even better. Heck, I've seen many bring their LPs to RMAF!

I got caught off guard last year by the new Mac Mini not having a CD/DVD drive. I will try to bring a separate drive this year.

:lol:  I am shipping Ruben LS-C kits today.  :lol: 

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #75 on: 19 Sep 2012, 07:44 pm »

Told ya! :green:

See you Sunday.

Best,

Ruben

rockdrummer

« Reply #76 on: 19 Sep 2012, 07:46 pm »
Back in my lurking days, before I planned on really investing, I really liked the OB 5 and 7.  Then I migrated over to the v2 and Super v.  Now that I've fallen in love with, designed, and built in my head the Super V, I don't think I'll be happy with anything else. 

Anyone else not getting work done?

ben

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #77 on: 19 Sep 2012, 07:52 pm »
Congrats Ruben.  This couldn't of happened to a nicer guy!  :thumb:

Thanks man! :beer:

Will you be at the show this year?

Ruben

gab

« Reply #78 on: 19 Sep 2012, 08:00 pm »
The X-Otica kit will be VERY good. It will be more refined, and a little more accurate than the Super-V, but won't have the dynamics of the Super-V. I think I can keep the X-Otica kit below $2,000 too. So it will be less expensive. The Super-V will still be number 1 for fun factor alone. But it does cost more too.

Danny - care to comment on the sound differences between your Super-V and the new $20K retail Serenity?

gab

SoCalWJS

« Reply #79 on: 19 Sep 2012, 08:18 pm »
Danny - care to comment on the sound differences between your Super-V and the new $20K retail Serenity?

gab
Ditto!

(I can make a few guesses, but I'd probably be wrong! :oops:)