Win Vista / USB audio

Captainhemo

Win Vista / USB audio
« on: 27 Apr 2015, 02:15 am »
hi folks
Hoping someone in here may be able to help  with a problem I am having invoving Win Vista (SP2) and USB audio ouput.
Normally I use  optical out  to my GF TubeDac 11 but I've been given a Resonescense Labs Concero HD to audiition for  a bit.
 I'd like to try it both as a stand alone DAC as well as a USB-> SPDIF bridge/reclocker as I sometimes use the TD11 as a preamp.

Anway, Connected the Consero via USB to a  USB 2.0 port in  hi-speed mode (only device on that particular hub according to  devices viewed by connection),   installed the  driver from the Resonescense Labs site and all went fine After installing it,  I switched the default playback device  to the Concero,  desabled any enhancements and set the default output steam  to 16/44.1 (have also tried it in 16/48)..
The output is   very broken up, static, buzz'es etc.  Sometimes it will play  a couple seconds of music (sounds fine) then back to the broken up  mess. I've tried  it from a couple steraming services (Rdio/ Tidal)  as well as  JRiver and Winamp  using   the NS wav out, the Maiko WASAPI  and can even select  the Consero directly and not have it set as default device in Vista).  Doesn't seem to matter what I try,  just  get the same results.

Pretty much stuck at this point... may call Resonescense tomorrow but was hoping someone might have some suggestions

Appreciate any help
jay

Captainhemo

Re: Win Vista / USB audio
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2015, 06:53 pm »
Got it !
It was   the cable , worked fine with  one DAC, not the other  :scratch:

jay