You're looking at a couple bad a$$ mo-fo's

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: You're looking at a couple bad a$$ mo-fo's
« Reply #20 on: 23 Apr 2015, 12:25 pm »
The flyer says total cabinet weight is 350lbs! Better have a strong back and lots of friends.  :icon_lol:
Wow! 
I'm still curious how he got them down his staircase to the listening room.
Even more curious how he'll get them up!  :o

Phil A

« Reply #21 on: 23 Apr 2015, 01:03 pm »
I am going to take Ryan to the gym when he is in florida.Ne needs to do some strength training to avoid back issues !Those babies are beautiful and heavy.

Start with aerobics - put him on the course with the gators and see how fast he can run. :green:

Phil A

« Reply #22 on: 23 Apr 2015, 01:11 pm »
Wow! 
I'm still curious how he got them down his staircase to the listening room.
Even more curious how he'll get them up!  :o

I found a picture of Ryan doing a delivery a couple of weeks back - no sweat

GentleBender

« Reply #23 on: 24 Apr 2015, 08:59 pm »
I found a picture of Ryan doing a delivery a couple of weeks back - no sweat

Go team Vapor! Lift with your legs...(or pay someone else) :icon_lol:

Eugene2

« Reply #24 on: 24 Apr 2015, 10:05 pm »
They're big and they sound big, still breaking in, Sunday they will be close to a live performance! 

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #25 on: 24 Apr 2015, 10:08 pm »
Hey Eugene2,

Do you know what was in the chain besides the Lampi Dac? Thanks for the pic!

Eugene2

« Reply #26 on: 25 Apr 2015, 04:50 am »
Hey Eugene2,

Do you know what was in the chain besides the Lampi Dac? Thanks for the pic!

The Lampi was actually a customers they were testing the big Lampi Dac is going in tomorrow.  The server was the Antipodes DX, Lamm Industries mono amps and preamp, Verastarr silver cable and the new Vapor rack.  Ill take better pictures tomorrow, shot that one real quick with my iPhone

Luis B

« Reply #27 on: 26 Apr 2015, 01:34 am »
They look fantastic, Ryan!

Eugene2

« Reply #28 on: 26 Apr 2015, 11:49 pm »
Day 3 a different speaker, additional tweaking of the xover , the mids smoothed out, listening to Opus sampler house of the rising sun, vocals are in the room incredible texture, the sax solo sounded real enough to touch.  Wow this speaker will be a historic bargain.  I kept coming back each day as the speaker smoothed out from in your face aggression to smooth, delicate, edging closer and closer to that elusive absolute sound.  There was incredible synergy between the Lampizator Dac, Antipodes, Verastarr cables and the PS, I wish I could have stayed longer and played more music I was familiar with.  Show conditions are tough the air conditioner could not be shut down by the hotel and in every room people were constantly talking instead of taking their conversations to the hallway.  Some folks tried to out talk the volume of the music.  Some of the biggest offenders are always the guys working the room, ugh!!!  I really don't understand it stop the music answer questions then start the demo. :duh:

bajaed

« Reply #29 on: 27 Apr 2015, 12:52 am »
Great to hear Eugene. I figured that would be the case after tweaking and a couple days of burn in. Ryan and Pete are probably busy packing up and heading out. Anxious to hear their thoughts on the sound after everything was dialed in. Anyone else hear these today?