rearranging

guf

rearranging
« on: 29 Nov 2013, 11:29 pm »
A slow day and some simple rearranging of furniture has opened up my room. I removed my display from the center of my speakers and placed it on the side long wall. Now i have in my 13x19 room a "TV area" going the short way and the "listening area" going the long way. And by doing that I also separated my 2 channel from my home theater but still in the same room. Annoying to have 2 sets of tower speakers but my main focus is to have the 2 channel listening be the best it can. What do you guys think about the front wall? There is essentially 3 corners there.  I have had  2 corner traps and 244 straddling from floor to ceiling, for fun I moved one of the corner traps to the window out cove on the left side of the room.  have expressed concerns of over dampening my room with treatments but opening up the area around the speakers and really made a step away from that feeling. In theory is it better to keep bass traps closer to the floor and leave the upper part of the room open? I was thinking to place the other 244 (behind the equipment) instead of going floor to ceiling.