Sonore Rendu - an audiophile network audio player

JEaton

Re: Sonore Rendu - an audiophile network audio player...
« Reply #20 on: 30 Apr 2014, 02:24 am »
Out of the box, does the Rendu operate as a Squeezebox and automatically connect to a Logitech Media Server?

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
« Reply #21 on: 30 Apr 2014, 10:34 pm »
Out of the box, does the Rendu operate as a Squeezebox and automatically connect to a Logitech Media Server?

It's similar to that. You have to use a UPNP/DNLA controller because LMS only connects to it's own devices or SqueezeLite for playback. LMS can be used for the server portion of the scheme, but again you have to use a UPNP/DNLA controller.

Jesus R

JEaton

« Reply #22 on: 30 Apr 2014, 10:49 pm »
It's similar to that. You have to use a UPNP/DNLA controller because LMS only connects to it's own devices or SqueezeLite for playback. LMS can be used for the server portion of the scheme, but again you have to use a UPNP/DNLA controller.

Thanks for the reply, but I want to make sure I have this clear. When you say that LMS can be used as the server, do you actually mean LMS running its UPnP/DLNa Media Interface plugin? So the Rendu doesn't function as a Squeezebox in any way. Is that correct? I would have thought it ran Squeezelite, but apparently it does not.

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #23 on: 30 Apr 2014, 10:58 pm »
Thanks for the reply, but I want to make sure I have this clear. When you say that LMS can be used as the server, do you actually mean LMS running its UPnP/DLNa Media Interface plugin? So the Rendu doesn't function as a Squeezebox in any way. Is that correct? I would have thought it ran Squeezelite, but apparently it does not.

I'm pretty sure LMS as is should just appear as a DLNA/UPNP server on the network. The Rendu does not function as a Squeezebox and does not use SqueezeLite. The Rendu is a full on DLNA/UPNP renderer. If you want/need SqueezeLite take a look at the SOtM Mini Server via it's selectable SqueezelLite output.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=119470.0

Jesus R   

gschotland

« Reply #24 on: 28 May 2014, 09:40 pm »
I recently purchased a Rendu w/I2S interface as a replacement for the Bridge in my PerfectWave DAC. 

The Bridge had always been somewhat problematic in my system, causing dropouts on high res material.   I don't have that much high res, so it wasn't a huge issue until over the last few months I started having similar problems with standard res files - pretty much all files.  A tech at PS Audio tried to help me resolve it and some other problems, to no avail.  I sold the Bridge for $400 and put that (and another $1100) towards the Rendu w/I2S.

So far, so good. The Rendu worked right out of the box, and unlike the Bridge it consistently shows up on my network.  Dropouts are now rare.  Replacing my cheapie router should solve the remaining dropout problems.  In terms of sound quality the Rendu gives up nothing to the Bridge.

Gary

vortecjr

• Facilitator
Re: Sonore Rendu - an audiophile network audio player
« Reply #25 on: 31 Jan 2015, 01:13 pm »
Announcement: 1. The Rendu series now supports Tidal lossless streaming via BubbleUPNP controller on an Android device. Special thanks go to BubbleUPNP for assisting us with Tidal lossless streaming on the Rendu series. Please support Bubblesoft by purchasing the pay version of the BubbleUPNP APP from the Google APP store.

Jesus R

vortecjr

• Facilitator
Re: Sonore Rendu - an audiophile network audio player
« Reply #26 on: 12 Nov 2016, 05:29 pm »
We are developing a new application for the Sonicorbiter operating system that will facilitate using Roon Server with the Sonore Rendu and other DLNA/UPNP devices. Why...because Roon Server currently doesn't support DLNA/UPNP devices. Testing of the new application is in beta form and working nicely here.

Click here for more information on the SonoreUPnP Bridge application:
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-sonoreupnp-bridge-beta-30468/