Problem with Titan II LE

WBaginski

Problem with Titan II LE
« on: 13 Jul 2012, 12:09 am »
Occasionally (10 to 12 times per day) my Titan starts to rumble.  It sounds like there is thunder in the room.  It will do it for a few seconds and then stop.  It's not particularly loud but very much noticeable.  This happens when the system is on or off.  I could be playing a movie and it sounds fine but might start to rumble at any time.  I could have the system off and all of a sudden...rumble for a few seconds.

I just hooked up another sub just to make sure it wasn't coming from the receiver.  Of course the other sub worked fine.

Any suggestions?  It must be the amp.  Should I contact the amp company?

Thanks

Mike Dzurko

Re: Problem with Titan II LE
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2012, 01:03 pm »
Yes, definitely the amp. They are very good about repairs at a reasonable cost. Contact info here:

http://www.audioc.com/aboutaci1/support.htm

WBaginski

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2012, 08:08 pm »
I contacted the amp manufacturer and I will probably be sending it to them for repair. 

I have another question about the Titan II LE.  While I have the amp out I was thinking about building a new rosewood cabinet for it instead of the cherry.  How does the cabinet come off of the inner box?  It appears that that cherry legs and top are just decorative and can be easily removed.  Just one problem...I can't see where the easy removal screws are.  Can you help?

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2012, 01:17 pm »
I contacted the amp manufacturer and I will probably be sending it to them for repair. 

I have another question about the Titan II LE.  While I have the amp out I was thinking about building a new rosewood cabinet for it instead of the cherry.  How does the cabinet come off of the inner box?  It appears that that cherry legs and top are just decorative and can be easily removed.  Just one problem...I can't see where the easy removal screws are.  Can you help?
There are no screws, they would have been visible. To get the "clean" look, we used a very strong adhesive. It is possible to remove the legs, but it you will have to be extremely careful not to break the wood . . .the adhesive is that strong. Essentially you need some sort of very thin blade to get in and cut the adhesive bond. Frankly, since the hardwood is the tough part, I'd just build a new innerbox out of high density hardboard. It would be a lot less labor I think than trying to get those legs off . . .